Sonic Electronix

how do you guys run your speaker wire?

Hey guys I wanted to learn from you car audio guys how you route your speaker wires on the side with your power wires for the amps.

I run my power wires on the left side. So im not sure how to run the left front door speaker wire.

I'm not sure if I should cut across the car from left to right(underneath the pedals across to the passenger side then run it along the right side with my RCA's.

Or

Run it above the left door(through the pillar and inside the headliner thing close to the roof where your head goes all the way to the back.) This way the wire will be alot shorter because I have my 4 channel amp on the left side.

So my question really is how do you run your speaker wires for the side you run your power wires for your doors.

It would be nice for advice on my situation.

Thanks guys!

I ran all of mine in the the trim pieces for the headliner above the doors and just ran the wires down the A-pillar. I think you can cross signal and power wires as long as they are perpendicular to each other, but obviously you try to avoid contact if possible. I think running less wire is better simply because it's cheaper and it also keeps the resistance lower.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JeepAndBass

Picture1.png.a51bb49318e5269e42f12284828c2bb6.png

My Jeep: 157.3dB @26hz Drag Style 162.3dB @36Hz Outlaw 160.7db @35hz Headrest

My Honda: 155.4dB Drag Style 158.0db Outlaw 

I ran all of mine in the the trim pieces for the headliner above the doors and just ran the wires down the A-pillar. I think you can cross signal and power wires as long as they are perpendicular to each other, but obviously you try to avoid contact if possible. I think running less wire is better simply because it's cheaper and it also keeps the resistance lower.

ya i think running over a wire is ok i usually run power under car

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon mids and tweeters

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

soon to be fu audio c pillar wall

Before I would run my power and ground wires along one side of the car. Then on the other side run the remote, signal and speaker wires. Now I run power under the car and ground through the car. As for speaker wire in doors, I have yet to run wire through the doors yet. I just cut the speaker connector off and splice on new ones. Then I cut the harness off and run wires to the back for the amps.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I did some research online and a bunch of places said to not run your power wires and speaker wires together, but if you guys say its ok the hell with it lol. I am planning on doing an active set up so i will have to run a tweeter wire and a mid range wire. The run is going to be about 17ft along side my power wire after all the curves and what not.

Archived