Precision Power PPI BA7000.1D Gut shot

BassMonkey

what exactly makes this amp shitty? I'm just curious here, it looks just like some of the sundowns and crescendos on the inside, what am i missin?

What you are saying is that a potato is just like a apple, it has the same shape.

I'm not comparing the shape, I'm sayin that the capacitors, the windings on the transformers, the amount of mosfets, the oversized speaker leads and all of the other various componentry are similar to the shit in the high-end amps like sundown. so what makes the ppi shitty if it's the same components? my guess is you don't really know either, that's why you just say "compare potato to apple", and they're not really the same shape either. it seems that everyone jumped on the ppi bashing bandwagon when they started pulling their products from the smaller shopsbout there, mainly because maxxsonics has exclusive dealers and what not. if my local shop (which deals in jl audio, kicker, etc.) dropped ppi because they where shit, then why did they start sellin jensen, power akoustik, etc..? i will admit that some of the ppi amps are total shit on the inside, but even sundown has cheap amps to appeal to a wide range of customer needs. anyway, yeah, i asked for an intelligent reason why that amp is shit, so don't tell me it's because it looks like a potato.

Your local shop sells Power Acoustik and Jensen because it's what your local broke ass kids are buying and the shop is making a GOOD profit on selling that gear.

Regarding your comment about componentry looking similar, that's just it, it only LOOKS similar. You(and certainly not I) can't tell a component's tolerances by looks. A quality product will have individual components, i.e. Mosfets, capacitors with tighter tolerances than the cheaper, thrown together amp. The Power Acoustik(from what I've heard) failed to meet specs and tolerances for Soundstream(Soundstream failed to meet QA for PPI). Is just a downstream affect. I believe Gorilla Audio is even further down the trough than Power Acoustik.

The reason for everyone's response to say that this amp is garbage is because they are NOT the same company that Precision Power was built on. They were sold and the products no longer have the same care or R&D that made them famous to begin with.

EDIT-Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here. Lots of knowledgeable guys here.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

thanks for the welcome, and i hope i didn't come off like an asshole. i realize that ppi isn't the same as they once where, hell i doubt they're even designed in the us anymore. and when i talk to my shop they say that they quit ppi because they're shit, but yet the offer the aforementioned brands! so i just figured everyone started hatin on ppi because maxxsonics pulled them from the local guyß because they had exclusive deals with certain retailers. and quit honestly that amp don't look bad at all, i wouldn't buy it because of the rca plugs, but that's just me. thanks for the intelligent response, though.

They aren't maxxsonics look up the address for em

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

why not just get a hifonics brutus amp? if your really on a "budget" you can get "2400" watts for $250. it should do at least 2200 watts rms and a little over 2400 on dynamic burst. dont expect the same life out of it as a sundown amp and you should be fine. i know a lot of people that run them and they arent bad at all. better than audiopipe or any other cheap amps in my opinion.

Heres the amp from sonic. PPI-BA7000.1D They say it will do 3500 @ .5 but they (PPI) even reccomend that you dont run it at .5 ohms. It also says there at the bottom 8g power and ground wire needed for install. They have it listed for $220, personally I still wouldnt buy it. I have learned first hand that you get what you pay for and the guys here have been through the same thing at some point and time and have seen companies come and go so they know what they are talking about. I would rather save that $220 and put it towards a tried and true amp that have tons of great reviews. My $0.02

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

They aren't maxxsonics look up the address for em

why do i have to do it? you're the one that made the reply, you do it! seriously though, i found somwthin that said directed bought them originally and slacked on the brand to focus on orion, then they sold ppi to epsilon which wants to bring it back to the status ppi held in the 90's. that was 3-4 years ago. the fact is if nobody ever tries them out then we'll never know. nobody wants to be the guinea pig though!

what exactly makes this amp shitty? I'm just curious here, it looks just like some of the sundowns and crescendos on the inside, what am i missin?

What you are saying is that a potato is just like a apple, it has the same shape.

I'm not comparing the shape, I'm sayin that the capacitors, the windings on the transformers, the amount of mosfets, the oversized speaker leads and all of the other various componentry are similar to the shit in the high-end amps like sundown. so what makes the ppi shitty if it's the same components? my guess is you don't really know either, that's why you just say "compare potato to apple", and they're not really the same shape either. it seems that everyone jumped on the ppi bashing bandwagon when they started pulling their products from the smaller shopsbout there, mainly because maxxsonics has exclusive dealers and what not. if my local shop (which deals in jl audio, kicker, etc.) dropped ppi because they where shit, then why did they start sellin jensen, power akoustik, etc..? i will admit that some of the ppi amps are total shit on the inside, but even sundown has cheap amps to appeal to a wide range of customer needs. anyway, yeah, i asked for an intelligent reason why that amp is shit, so don't tell me it's because it looks like a potato.

Similar, as I said before similar has a very different outcome.

There are differents classes of components, even when they look the same on the outside (not counting model number and brand) they can have totally different values.

How can it be the same if the shape is already different?

Look up some information about transistor and amplifying circuits to know how they work, look up about capacitors and coils too..

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived