Second Skin Audio

Best Way to utilize rear deck for subs

IH8PunkRok

So my buddy GTOguy and I have been contemplating the best way to get bass without using the tiny bit of trunk he has. So naturally we have decided the rear deck is the only real option. The problem lies in that fact that I don't know of any IB 6.5" subs

So what would be the best way to get the best bass using only the rear deck and maybe 1000 watts?

Right now he has stock speakers wired to the amp which does ok... but its not enough

American bass makes some 6.5 subs as well as DD.

I'll definitely suggest that to him. I like that idea better

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

make a small box that you bolt onto the deck, or even a ported box with a small aero port cut out of your deck. it will be much louder than a IB setup with 6.5's. i often though of doing this myself.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

You can fit two 8" woofers. One on each side behind the b-pillar panels (Sides of rear seat) done them myself so i know they will fit. Even 10's too if the total enclosure depth dont exceed 7" +/-. There is also room for bigger woofers below the trunk board. Forget about the deck lid unless you're trying to gain a few with IB woofers. the gas tank and x-brace dont allow shit.

So my buddy GTOguy and I have been contemplating the best way to get bass without using the tiny bit of trunk he has. So naturally we have decided the rear deck is the only real option. The problem lies in that fact that I don't know of any IB 6.5" subs

So what would be the best way to get the best bass using only the rear deck and maybe 1000 watts?

Right now he has stock speakers wired to the amp which does ok... but its not enough

Here you go man!

Scroll down to see the subs on the rear deck.

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/general-car-audio-spl-discussion/46075-pontiac-gto-sub-installs-20blackls00.html

Hope this helps.

-Frank

Archived