Sundown Audio

New SUNDOWN amps - CAPPED monsters.

I hope to see some customer feedback rolling in soon... sales have been strong -- the first run of 3000s is almost sold out already with a much stronger than anticipated demand on those especially; therefore, I expect them to sell out well before we get more in stock.

Not just to revive a 3 month old post, but I would LOVE some real feedback, more specifically on the SCV-2000D model. Not finding much on them, and before somebody puts it out there, NO, zero feedback is NOT good feedback. :)

We have sold out of the entire first shipment of SCV amps so I'm surprised there aren't more posts yet, haha.

In other news... we have been testing with the SCV-6000D and it's a few tenths louder than an NS-1 on a 12v system :)

It doesn't like loads under 0.5 ohm as much for SPL competition; but on a 12v system for a daily customer that makes it an awesome value.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Heard a set of the SCV 3000s the other day, awesome sounding amps. He pounded on them for 45 mins or so, and no heat at all!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 2 weeks later...

when will the a SCV-6000 come out. what would be the price on it.. i also see that you say cheaper per watt but i look at prices and they seem to be right at the same price as the Saz line.. so will it be cheaper per watt for us or cheaper per watt for you to build? im interested on the SCV-6000 to run with the rest of my sundown gear. im not trying to bash on you, your company, or your amps.. i really like sundown and have nothing against it. when i see it will be cheaper but the prices are at par with the other model it seems iffy to me

Edited by Miguels

i was asking for the scv-6000. i already check the prices on the others.. thats how i seen the scv line of amps arent any cheaper.. the saz line are underrated and the scv line is rated near the power they do make

by the way. the saz4500 has been discontinued since 2011 or 2012.. the saz5000 would be the next one up and its like 1499

Edited by Miguels

then they are not cheaper per watt really.. the scv 4000 is the saz3500 the scv 3000 is the saz2500.. the difference is that the scv is made to put out at 12v but look at the ratings though. the saz 3500 puts out 4k+ at 12v just like the scv-4000.. so are we really paying less per watt? i see it as the amps got rated higher to make them look cheaper per watt.. i'll probable just pick up the saz.5000

edit: not complaining just trying to see if jacob can make it clear.. i know he has adjusted price on stuff to make them cheaper

saz-5000 internals

SAZ-5000D-002-4786f1de14__34357.14054693

scv-6000 internals

SCV_6000D_0021_af4fcba543__49781.1418786

Edited by Miguels