Second Skin Audio

TLine for Fi 18

Subwoofer Stokes

I already have a "blueprint" of how i want to build it. I just dont know what size to make the line. Is there a way i can post a pic of the drawing i made?

http://www.mh-audio.nl/bailey_tml.asp

try that. Its a Bailey derived t-line calculator.

also isn't the point of a tline to have a 1/4 wavelength of the fs of the driver....I may be WAY off on that. But I guess there are some search terms in there. Martin J King is your dude for Tlines.

Alright man. I had just saw a guy say 17x15 earlier in the thread. And the cone measurements i did were for the stock fi cone. I will put a tantric recone in before long and remeasure.

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Have you looked in the Subwoofers / Enclosure forum yet. You will find a very good write up for quarter wave T-Line. I would start there if I was you.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

Yes, it will be 1/4 wavelength, which at 32Hz is 8'9.6". You can also do 1/2 or even full wave, but that's not going to happen here.

Keep in mind your Fs will probably change with the recone, unless Murphy told you the 32Hz Fs. Shoot, your Fs is going to change anyway once the sub breaks in, so it's not a super reliable number. Again, talk with Murphy on that, he should have estimates for you for once it settles in.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Right, i have kept this in mind that the fs will change with the recone. And yeah i WISH i could build and fit one for a full wavelength! And Kylar, what subs were in them? Size? Were the lines properly designed for the subs? Something couldnt have been right? Ive heard nothing but good things about tlines. How they are much more efficient that ported and dont require as much power for the sub. What did you not like about the ones you have heard?

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

So i should make my line 17"x15"?

Not sure where those dimensions came from. Typically you make the line so it has the same amount of area as your cone, so in this case about 187.5 sq in. If you make it 17" wide it will need to be about 11" deep.
I may have done my math wrong. My intention with that port size WAS to have the vent size the same as cone area. I don't know how I did that calculation wrong, my bad :(

Edit- Triticum, you did your math for a 15, this guy wants to run a Fi Q 18" sub. My bath was ok ;)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Edit- Triticum, you did your math for a 15, this guy wants to run a Fi Q 18" sub. My bath was ok ;)

Now you made me all paranoid so I went back and checked. :-) FI lists on their website the cone area (Sd) of the FI Q 18" is 1210 square centimeters, that's 187.55 square inches. Divide that by 17 and you get 11.03.

I dunno how we are coming up with different numbers, but what I listed above is how I got what I got.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

So whatever height or width i want the line is what i divide the cone area by?

So whatever height or width i want the line is what i divide the cone area by?

Height x Width = 187.55sq.in.

To find length, take the speed of sound (right around 1125ft/s) and divide by your desired tuning, then divide by 4 (for 1/4 wave).

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Archived