Was Kicker a good brand at one point?

and audison jl and alpine dont belong in the same sentence unless youre talking alpine f1 series and I know youre not.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I live the idiots the base their opinions on kicker being sold in Walmart. Rockford fosgate is sold on Walmart.com..... Must be trash too right?

You kids... I swear

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I live the idiots the base their opinions on kicker being sold in Walmart. Rockford fosgate is sold on Walmart.com..... Must be trash too right?

You kids... I swear

And any company out there would love to get their products sold at Walmart.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Agreed 100%. If you ask me its an accomplishment for them companies

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I feel the same way about Kicker that I do about JL and Memphis.Yeah, they have some good stuff, but would I ever be caught paying the prices for their products when I could get something better for a lower cost? Hell no

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

although the first time I ever heard subs in a car, (don't ask the year) they were some pioneer 12s bumpin some dj magic mike "feel the bass". however, the first time I heard a system with kicker subs, I was just absolutely amazed...and I can probably refer to that moment as the defining point of finding "the love" for the industry! kicker will always have a warm spot in my heart...and I still rock some cvr 12s in a system. my current infatuation of sundown audio, however, is uncompromising...as I continue to be astonished by their product, customer service, etc...

to answer the OP, id say that kicker, who was once one of the industry standards, still continues to make quality product, but I personally feel their peak has come and gone.

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

• 1 year later...

I know this is a old ass thread, but I just ran across it. There are different markets for different people. My first love is and always will be Kicker. I go way back with them to the 80's when the audio industry was just getting it's feet really wet. I was born and raised in the south. Tampa,Fl to be exact! Back then car audio was all we did. The dope boys were the ones with the baddest and hardest hitting systems around because they were the ones who could afford that stuff back then. Bass started in the south! Bass Rock Express, Throw That Dick, you old cats remember and should know what I'm talking about. Young cats don't even bother. Kicker along wIith US Amps, Cerwin Vega, JL Audio, and Earthquake just to name a few! With that being said, Kicker makes some good shit! The industry has caught up and passed them in certain categories but that doesn't make their product bad. Different strokes for different folks, like any other product manufacturer. One thing for sure is the amps are solid. Everyone I've ever owned has never let me down no matter what setup I was running. Just because Kicker amps don't run below 2ohms doesn't make another manufacturers better then them. Like someone else mentioned, power output isn't the only important thing about an amplifier. Not everyone wants a power house amp. Not everyone wants big ass amps taking up half of their damn trunks or install areas! By the way a KX2400.1 can be had for $750 putting out at or over 2400 watts at 2ohms. I would say that's pretty damn good and decent for that amount of cash! There a number of subs out there that can be run off of that. I don't think anyone can argue that. I leave with Alma Gates use to whoop a lot of ass with her Kicker setups back in the day! RIP OG!

Archived