mayday187 Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 Reconed two Mofo 154x that i smoked with the 152x recone kits. Speakers sound fine at higher volumes. But at really low level you can hear like a scratchy sound coming from them. I burnt them running too much power to them and they both failed catastrophically. I took my time readying the speakers to be reconed. cleaning the pole piece, inspecting and cleaning the magnet gap and so forth. used the shim that came with the kit during the recone process and all. what could have gone wrong. want to figure this out before i do the other two speaker to wire down to one ohm. I'm thinking something shifted but in both speakers? could someone help me figure this out.
Hotdog Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Hotdog Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 The scratchy sound you hear is coil rub. You were not centered correctly (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
mayday187 Posted October 7, 2014 Author Report Posted October 7, 2014 aw damn. is there anything bad that would happen from coil rub.
Krakin Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 Another extensive video on reconing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqIKgnXTZrk Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Krakin Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 It will eventually rub through the wire and kill your sub. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
_paralyzed_ Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 Whenever I feel a little scratchy I use calamine lotion. Try putting some calamine lotion on the coil.
Kyblack76 Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 distortion,.. from a driver.... hmmmm.. i have a lot to learn... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.