gckless Posted October 12, 2014 Report Posted October 12, 2014 So, looking for options for a 12" aero. So far I've only got a psychoport and Sonotube. - Psychoport is friggin expensive, but awesome. - Sonotube is cheap as shit, but not sure how I would flare the inside. Octoport is my other choice, but not sure I could flare that enough. I can't make it myself, so trying to get a couple price quotes. Who makes them on this forum? Any other options? "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
ToNasty Posted October 12, 2014 Report Posted October 12, 2014 In for this as well ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 12, 2014 Report Posted October 12, 2014 I sent you a PM gckless. Another option would be to get someone to make you some flared ends to put on the sonotube, which could save you a lot of work. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
gckless Posted October 13, 2014 Author Report Posted October 13, 2014 I sent you a PM gckless. Another option would be to get someone to make you some flared ends to put on the sonotube, which could save you a lot of work. Hit ya back. That's actually what I have been looking at, and was my next email to Bill Lolo. That would be best solution for the least amount of money I believe. Octo is the last ditch option, but will still take that over a slot any day. Provided it fits anyway, which it will in this install. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
fecupe2001 Posted October 14, 2014 Report Posted October 14, 2014 sonotube works AWESOME if you do 2 things:1) get it smooth internally and externally, i´ve done it with resin and also some duct tape, i´ve also fiberglassed and sanded down and worked great, hate doing that though. 2) Flaring it!!!! How to do it?? honestly speaking, if you are not looking for numers and just care to get loud on the ear-o-meter, you can flare them with some MDF rings and that´s it, if you glass them they work way better on the meter, to the ears it doesn´t change that much, just make a single MDF ring about 15" and should work great, want pics? something like this I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
Tecomah Posted October 14, 2014 Report Posted October 14, 2014 Shoot me a pm gckless. Mad scientist down by me is doing crazy shit 750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY Team Subsonic Lows
tacomaguy1 Posted October 14, 2014 Report Posted October 14, 2014 won't let me paste a link, but spiralfittings.com for the flared ends products...standard fittings...standard radius bellmouth Team Flex Issues
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.