dagobowhunter Posted October 15, 2014 Author Report Posted October 15, 2014 Did you try calling RF Tech? -Frank Yes I did contact RFTech by email and they replied back that the P3s would perform very well in a band pass but did not offer any design options. Although I did not think to ask them about designs. I just asked them if they would be a good fit for a bandpass
Hotdog Posted October 15, 2014 Report Posted October 15, 2014 A 4th order will get louder the bigger the ratio is but at the same time will lose bandwidth the higher the ratio. In a 4th order your sealed chamber is responsible for your low end frequency and the ported chamber is responsible for your high end frequency. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
dagobowhunter Posted October 15, 2014 Author Report Posted October 15, 2014 Not to sound disrespectful or Rude and thanks for the insight but I do know what I am getting my self onto I am fully aware of what a 4th order bandpass does that is why want to build one. I am aware of the risks and I take full responsibly of my actions. I am a very skilled craftsman when it comes to working with not just wood but many mediums.where I do not trust my self is in the design of the box. These programs that I have seen to be bits of one and then you need bots of another. I just can't figure them out. So thanks again for all the insight and advice. Islandpride684 the article on cap thank you kirill007thanks for setting me straight about ratios. Can someone help me design a 4th order bandpass and pass along some plans with a cut sheet I will be using 3/4 in mdf with a double baffle on the front of the speaker mount I want to include 1" x 1" bracing through out the box and I would like a slot port. As I stated earlier it's for a pre 2011 Rockford Fosgate P3D412 500 watt rms 1000 watt peak. I am willing to compensate who ever for their time
Krakin Posted October 15, 2014 Report Posted October 15, 2014 I would advise you to get a modeling program such as WinISD (Free) and mess out with a few designs to start getting a feel on how a 4th order acts. As for finding the port area needed for one, I would suggest using this to find out, just make sure you mark that you are using a bandpass. http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
stipek Posted October 15, 2014 Report Posted October 15, 2014 Probably not gonna come by a "here you go" design on a 4th order. Takes a bit of time and figuring in all the factors to make it right. Although provide someone with the info and they will be happy to for a fee but well worth it. Said you were willing to pay for one so that's what i would do to know its right. 4th order gone bad is not good news at all. Headunit - Sony DSX-200X Subs - (2) Modified American Bass 18's Monoamp - DD M4 Front Stage - CDT HD62-AS components with 4 Crescendo PWX 6.5 4 Channel Amp - Hifonics ZRX1000.4 Cadence 0 gauge Singer 275 amp Alt D7500 XS Power battery Quad 1/0 input Toolmaker terminals SMD OM-1 RGB LEDs BUILD LOG CURRENT ABOVE SETUP http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191602-2003-bravada-2-18s-ab-dd-xs-singer/ BUILD LOG (2 MTX 7512's)http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/size]
Hotdog Posted October 15, 2014 Report Posted October 15, 2014 What are the dimensions you have to work with? (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
dagobowhunter Posted October 15, 2014 Author Report Posted October 15, 2014 What are the dimensions you have to work with? I have a 1990.4Runner the back cargo area measurements are 44"w x 38"l x24"h
kirill007 Posted October 15, 2014 Report Posted October 15, 2014 Not to sound disrespectful or Rude and thanks for the insight but I do know what I am getting my self onto I am fully aware of what a 4th order bandpass does that is why want to build one. I am aware of the risks and I take full responsibly of my actions. I am a very skilled craftsman when it comes to working with not just wood but many mediums.where I do not trust my self is in the design of the box. These programs that I have seen to be bits of one and then you need bots of another. I just can't figure them out. So thanks again for all the insight and advice. Islandpride684 the article on cap thank you kirill007thanks for setting me straight about ratios. Can someone help me design a 4th order bandpass and pass along some plans with a cut sheet I will be using 3/4 in mdf with a double baffle on the front of the speaker mount I want to include 1" x 1" bracing through out the box and I would like a slot port. As I stated earlier it's for a pre 2011 Rockford Fosgate P3D412 500 watt rms 1000 watt peak. I am willing to compensate who ever for their time So you are willing to give up bandwidth for loudness? (a lot of bandwidth for a bit added loudness?) If you answer yes, you should go for a 6th order bandpass if you answered no you should go for a ported box designed to work in your vehicle with your subwoofers and with that amp.(and meet your goals) Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
SlamminBeats Posted October 15, 2014 Report Posted October 15, 2014 Islandpride sorry I just noticed that you said remove the CAP I installed. I thought you said remove the CRAP I installed. I have an old ass 4Runner that with the battery I have the alternator I have right now just won't keep up. I know I have to upgrade it I just can't afford it right now. The cap helps pick up the extra load on my system. Still any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Here is a good article you can read on why they are useless...http://fatfist.hubpages.com/hub/Car-Audio-CAPACITORS-Why-They-DONT-Work that article is wrong.... You have a better explanation? its saying why caps dont work plenty of people run caps. im not in the mood to get technical on this.
dangaranga Posted October 15, 2014 Report Posted October 15, 2014 Islandpride sorry I just noticed that you said remove the CAP I installed. I thought you said remove the CRAP I installed. I have an old ass 4Runner that with the battery I have the alternator I have right now just won't keep up. I know I have to upgrade it I just can't afford it right now. The cap helps pick up the extra load on my system. Still any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Here is a good article you can read on why they are useless...http://fatfist.hubpages.com/hub/Car-Audio-CAPACITORS-Why-They-DONT-Work that article is wrong.... You have a better explanation? its saying why caps dont work plenty of people run caps. im not in the mood to get technical on this. I agree, the bank i got from you works great. The article is both right and wrong, ultracaps have enough capacity to actually help, where as your typical BOSS cap is so small (.5-1 farad) that there is absolutely no gain. Brandon 2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4 System: welding wire throughout the truck USalts 390amp Hairpin Juicebox in stock location 8 Banks of maxwell supercaps 2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each 2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked) Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) 2001 2 door focus 1 DD9918 SC
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.