Second Skin Audio

how do you figure out box rise?

noobslayer77

no one is trying to pick me apart you say? then in the next sentence you go ahead and to try and pick me apart by making some bullshit assumption about what i did in school. Maybe if you lived by your own words you'd know the difference between your and you're. I have a general idea of what box rise is, i have done research and read topics about it. All i wanted to know was what tools could be used to figure out box rise. I figured asking on the forum would be a good idea, because someone could give me an in depth explanation of what to do and what would be needed. Thanks for your input though.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Lol, still wasn't picking you apart. Taking it to personal.

You posted asking about box rise which if you had researched you would have learned that the correct term is impedance rise. Yes a box can alter it no it does not create it. The movement of the speaker creates it. So your post didn't show any sign of research. Research also should have brought you to the smd tools as one can help determine impedance rise.

Oh and I'm sorry that I didn't catch the miss spelling of the word you're. I must have made a common mistake and mussed the e so spell checked thought it was suppose to be your instead.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

You posted asking about box rise which if you had researched you would have learned that the correct term is impedance rise. Yes a box can alter it no it does not create it. The movement of the speaker creates it. So your post didn't show any sign of research. Research also should have brought you to the smd tools as one can help determine impedance rise.

Oh and I'm sorry that I didn't catch the miss spelling of the word you're. I must have made a common mistake and mussed the e so spell checked thought it was suppose to be your instead.

He's not suppose to take it personal when you just called him lazy and said he copied his friends work in school instead of doing his own? Lmao

I asked once op and I'll ask again since you didn't answer. Why is it that you Want to know your rise anyways? Is this a daily build or are you going to compete and chase numbers?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

He's not suppose to take it personal when you just called him lazy and said he copied his friends work in school instead of doing his own? Lmao

There are several people in here that ask questions before researching themselves. So yes he shouldn't take it so personal. People o. Here get tired of people asking the same questions rather the doing extensive research.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

There are several people in here that ask questions before researching themselves. So yes he shouldn't take it so personal. People o. Here get tired of people asking the same questions rather the doing extensive research.

Now that I agree with. How many .5 ohm threads have we seen lately, those I get tired of because no matter what you say in the end they do it anyways!

But see the thing is, you can just move on without the negativity. That's what gets me. I understand how tiring it is to see the same shit posted over and over but you just gotta bite your lip and move on. It just seems like some people enjoy the harassing because I don't know why else someone would take the time to write a negative comment rather than just move on.

Also, who cares WHY he wants to know. That is irrelevant.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I passed on posting in about 10 stupid threads today cause I couldn't think of anything positive or I just didn't want answer the same question for the 42,000rd time

Unless you are chasing tenths on the meter, factoring impendance rise is pretty pointless.

that being said, at certain frequencies the impendance of your woofer will be either higher or lower than your nominal impedance. On music, this means nothing. If its a daily system, don't worry about it.

Chasing tenths for a record? Then do it. Wire down low as fuck, rebuild and rebuild to waste money, break equipment, all to gain hell..... .4 db?

Wire it up, let it wang.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived