Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sundown X15 Box design help


earthlyescape

Recommended Posts

Posted

Take a tad bit off, longer port length always results in lower tunings.. But honestly, audibly your not gonna notice.. Maybe different to the meter but not to you as insignificant a change as it is.. But that all depends on what you want, is this daily or competing?

Posted

The correct port displacement is 0.082, in this case the difference is extremely small, one should double check on Torres with boxes where port displacement is significant like very low tuned boxes, small net boxes or walls.

Your box looks ok at 3.8 net if you don't have anymore space and don't want to go into odd shapes, it will likely sound nice is just that you don't get a X for sounding just nice but to get a low end slammer and you are just a little short to get the full blown effect.

Make sure you have a return path for sound waves if you are firing sub and port backwards, that is make sure there's still available airspace around the box.

Posted

Thanks, I am going to assemble the box this weekend I'll put some pics up when I am done. There will be space on the sides and on top of the box for the sound to travel back and I can open a hole in the back seat where the arm rest is.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

All finished up and the new box made a world of difference. I calculated the tuning out to just a little over 34 after the 45's and bracing. It is so much more musical now. Thanks for all the help and feed back everyone. Here are some pictures of the build. Next on the table is the big 3.

unnamed2.jpg

unnamed4.jpg

unnamed5.jpg

unnamed1.jpg

unnamed3.jpg

Posted

Looks great. Its amazing the difference a proper enclosure makes!

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Has all the bandwidth I wanted now. I knew something didn't sound right. I'm glad the shitty prefab it came in didn't fit in my trunk, that pushed me to do this. Pretty pleased for my first box design/build ever!

Posted

Beautiful box, very nice wood work and awesome carpet job, I'm glad it worked out for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2036 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...