Sonic Electronix

HELP! Tearing out my hair trying to figure this out!!

Run a wire from the amp to the speaker in the door as a test to see if it is indeed the wire.

Running wires to the doors are always a PITA regardless of make and models, but once you do it your good for a very long time.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I'm gonna kill myself soon. They made these cars a huge PITA to run wires :(

Do you guys think it's really the wires?

If you removed the speakers and tested it at the amp and it works, then yes its the wires from the JL going out to the speakers...I always run new sets of speaker wires when I'm using an amp to power them, that's just me tho...

Thank you for the help skullz, I'll get started on it again tomorrow b4 the sun comes up again (I was dying in 88F weather.... although I know half of you work through worst)

If it isn't the amp, the RCA's, or the speaker, what else could it be man?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Thank you for the help skullz, I'll get started on it again tomorrow b4 the sun comes up again (I was dying in 88F weather.... although I know half of you work through worst)

If it isn't the amp, the RCA's, or the speaker, what else could it be man?

I was in denial, I figured the wires were okay too, since it showed 4-ohms from the amp's end and the speaker's end also.

I would kill an infant to have 88 degree weather in Michigan

LOL, I'm spoiled, my crib is 75-76 all day everyday. Any higher and I will start a hissy-fit with the wife. :)

hey man run the wire up threw the headliner should save Allot of headache for you. up the pillar threw the side if the headliner down the rear pillar behind the seat to the amp. might take 15mins...

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff