gckless Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 Alright, so the SHD is up for sale right now. Since I'm so indecisive, I'm looking for advice. I have about 8 cubes net available, going to tune around 30 depending on sub (for flat response, not for da lowzzzzz, just to clear that up), DC 5k for power. My goal is musicality first and foremost, if it gets loud that's a bonus. Want this to sound awesome. For any of these choices, underhung/XBL^2 would be AWESOME. My thoughts: - Six 10" subs. Around $200 each. TONS of options here. - Don't even know where to start. Tantric MDs are lookin good. - Six 12" small box subs. Around $200 each. A lot less choices here. - DC Level 2 and Dayton HO are really the only ones I know. - Pair of nice 15s. Around $400 each max. - One badass 18" sub. Few good choices here. Two options that are really lookin best to me: - Six 12" Dayton HOs. - 18" Tantric SHD with underhung coil. Been talking with Murphy about this, not sure it would be ready super fast but I would have one of the first couple, might not even be a production thing he does. Of course, all of this depends on how much I can get for the 24" SHD. I'll cut the 10" or 12" option down to five or four if I have to, but I'm not spending more money on this. Will be a completely lateral move money-wise. So, what do you think? Open to any other suggestions as well. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 Find a few subs your interested in and start separate threads asking about them because this one's going to get locked. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
khinds94 Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 What about eight 8s... might run you a few hundred more but gives you a lot more options. Maybe addictive audio or sundown? 03 Sable LS AA mayhem 12" D2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1 Tantric HD 12" D2 Tantric SHD 12" D1 Sundown X12 V2 D2 2.5 cu net Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm XS Power XP2000 Sky High Sound Deadener Sky High wire Stock alt
gckless Posted November 5, 2014 Author Report Posted November 5, 2014 Find a few subs your interested in and start separate threads asking about them because this one's going to get locked. Damn, really? Was my understanding I just couldn't do specific versus threads, which this really isn't. Guess I'm still learning my way around here though. What about eight 8s... might run you a few hundred more but gives you a lot more options. Maybe addictive audio or sundown? Not doing 8's. Just one of those things "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
timc31610 Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 This is of no help to you in you current situation but why are you getting rid of the 24? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
gckless Posted November 5, 2014 Author Report Posted November 5, 2014 This is of no help to you in you current situation but why are you getting rid of the 24? Isn't performing the way I want it to due to small box, and I have no mo space available "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 This is of no help to you in you current situation but why are you getting rid of the 24?Isn't performing the way I want it to due to small box, and I have no mo space available Wall time! That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
gckless Posted November 5, 2014 Author Report Posted November 5, 2014 This is of no help to you in you current situation but why are you getting rid of the 24?Isn't performing the way I want it to due to small box, and I have no mo space available Wall time! Trust me, definitely thought about a C pillar. More work/money than I want to give up right now though to do it right. Going to do sub up/port side more than likely, depending on the size of the box. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Kyblack76 Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 No offence but the 24 whatever... i never saw it being "cool" I think your not letting on how it lacked... that said..... sell it (you will lose) and move on mate... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 Walling it isn't going to cost much more than a proper box for 6 12's, just wall it. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.