Chris Hammer Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 I would do multiple small subs as long as there was enough power for them. If anything just for the reliability and headroom...fuck all the argument about 8 vs 18 with freq response and the likes..we could compare a X8 and pro audio 15 woofer..then what.. Run what you have proper space for and what fits your budget. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Aj11 Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 i just want to say that nothing in the sport is constant or does it make sense! I've seen plenty of guys on here with 2 18s, 2 15s, 4 12s on 3/5k say i slammed a 143.8 today! meanwhile another guy here took 2 8s on 211w, yes 211w I'm not forgetting a number or a 0. with that he did a 147.? (i think .7 but forgot) so all of this is just another thing to drive all of us crazy! love the thread tho! been a while since I've read every post in a thread. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
alaskanzx5 Posted November 6, 2014 Report Posted November 6, 2014 Ok, so I just went from a single 10 in a custom box that had a fairly good freq response to my ear. Got decently low as well. Now a 15 in a prefab (I know prefab sucks) same power as the 10. Freq response isn't as good and doesn't play as low with the same authority. Now with that said the only thing that could be different to help the 15 is a custom box. However the 15 I know wont play as good. Why? Because quality and build matters. The 10 was a better speaker and the quality if the box a lot better. Now what I'm getting at Its not that anyone size speaker will play better lows the another. Its that the whole build all together will determine the outcome. I've heard 4 t1 15 on a 2500.1bdcp, I had 2 t1 10 on a p500.1 that the lows just felt and sounded better? Because the box and vehicle. The 15s where in a less the adequate box to play the lows as well and the box most likely just didn't fit the vehicle and subs as well. Install dependent t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Aj11 Posted November 6, 2014 Report Posted November 6, 2014 Ok, so I just went from a single 10 in a custom box that had a fairly good freq response to my ear. Got decently low as well. Now a 15 in a prefab (I know prefab sucks) same power as the 10. Freq response isn't as good and doesn't play as low with the same authority. Now with that said the only thing that could be different to help the 15 is a custom box. However the 15 I know wont play as good. Why? Because quality and build matters. The 10 was a better speaker and the quality if the box a lot better. Now what I'm getting at Its not that anyone size speaker will play better lows the another. Its that the whole build all together will determine the outcome. I've heard 4 t1 15 on a 2500.1bdcp, I had 2 t1 10 on a p500.1 that the lows just felt and sounded better? Because the box and vehicle. The 15s where in a less the adequate box to play the lows as well and the box most likely just didn't fit the vehicle and subs as well. Install dependent that's the most sense anyone has have made about anything...ever! but for real the vehicle Is a big part. i took 2 12 inch rs on 1000w out of my Saturn and put them in a Durango... completely different sounding system. the Saturn was way more spl while the Durango more lows. then built a huge box tuned low (same power) and it came alive.in the Durango. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Kyblack76 Posted November 6, 2014 Report Posted November 6, 2014 i wanna do a walk through with many 12's Sanchez style. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
MaxVolume Posted November 6, 2014 Report Posted November 6, 2014 built a tline tuned to 28 hz for a cheap 8" sub in my lancer, absolutely nothing in the 40+range but she crushed the lows... decaf and blueberry yum yum all day course the sub had a low fs, but size is one of the last things I consider when deciding on tuning
Hotdog Posted November 6, 2014 Report Posted November 6, 2014 What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.