What's your dream setup for under $2000?

Dillon Todd

I think it can be done. I guess the part about dream system is in the eye of the beholder. On paper the system going in my Pathfinder should fall under 2k.

Eclipse 8454 100 bucks NIB at a dealer clearing out old eclipse stuff in stock

JL 18w6 150 bucks credence clearance NIB

Rockford 800a2 175 bucks ebay

Jl 300/4 200 bucks used on a forum

JL 300/2 175 bucks used on a forum

Big 3 kit 30 bucks ebay

1/0 amp kit 50 bucks NIB forum

IXOS cap 70 bucks used on a forum

Extra door panels, extra map pockets, and a pillars from junk yard to cut up 50 bucks for everything

Going to run Dayton speakers active priced about 250 for 3 way active (7inch midbass doors, 3 inch mids and 1 inch tweets a pillar)

RCAs and other stuff left from old installs before

Basically I need a few install odds and ends, wood, deadner and stuff to do fiberglass for a pillar speakers, but Im right at a grand. Worst case I figure another 500 bucks with me doing the install. I have to get wood for the box, but doing a system sealed so shouldnt be crazy. I know I will have a decent system under 2k.

ENOUGH. The mod staff is not anyone's personal lapdogs. We will not be at the beck and call of anyone just because they feel the need to stir the pot. Reporting the post after stirring up the shit does not make it ok. If you don't have anything to add dont post.

Nate and Kyle

ultimate-bitch-slap-o.gif

When I first saw this movie it was on a bootleg. The dude recording it Yelled "There you go my -----" and dropped the camera at this scene. It made the movie for me.

You can get a pretty decent setup for under $2k easily. All of the equipment that I have in my car totaled less than that. (Equipment in sig). The main thing is just taking your time and looking around for deals as well as used items. Everything doesn't have to be brand new.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

For a budget setup in a single cab truck.

2- DC lvl2 10s-$379.98

1- Crescendo S1500.1-$299.99

1-Crescendo S550.2-$219.99

1-Crescendo CZ6.5 component set-$119.99

3- Fuse holders-$36

30 Ft of SHCA 1/0 109.20

1 XS D3400-$259.99

Remote wire-$5

50ft of speaker wire-$30

1/0 lugs-$20

RCA cables-$50

Box materials-$100
Qmat Deadening-$140

Deck- Can get a decent one for $200

Total 1,970.24

2010 Kia Forte Koup (Slow Build)
2 Sundown SCV-3000D

2 DC XL M1 with PSI recones
Focal R-165s2 on Orion 4800-HP
Kenwood KDC-X798
Knukonceptz OFC 1/0
Audiotechnix,Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener

XS power D3400 up front 3 D3100s power in trunk
Stock 110 amp alt

2013 Scion TC

2 Dc lvl 3s with xl coils on Soundqubed 2200

Sundown components

AA 50.2 for components

Pioneer FH-X700BT

Knukonceptz OFC 1/0

Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener

XS Power D3100 up front D925 in back

Mechman 240 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189911-2013-scion-tc-build/ <Scion TC Build
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174094-jskiles-forte-koup/ <Slow Kia Forte Build
http://www.stevemead...ockUserAgent__1 < Old build 2005 Equinox

for 2k I would take a few Ambien and hope to dream for a bigger budget

otherwise I could find some old gear and kill.

ppi a1200

ppi a404

stroker 15d2

Boston pros up front

Boston coaxials rear

alpine 7949

a second battery and wire

What he said.. But I think the OP is in a single cab truck so the 15 would be out

I would go old school, but with New Sub..

Put that a1200 on a single AA Havoc 12

Edit:: I know someone that has that stroker 15 d2 :P

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Getting a good look at the truck in question would help in giving suggestions on a system. Is it the one that has a location for a 6.5" driver in each door ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

This is the gear list I came up with for my friends budget SQ system I am installing in his new Mazda...should come in under 2k and sound AMAZING

Stock HU with outboard processor (ms-8, 360.3, etc.) we are trying to find one of these used so ~$600 max there

Zuki Eleets 5 Channel ~$500

Fountek 3" full range speakers (these will cover the vast majority of the musical spectrum probably high pass somewhere around 400-800hz) ~$30 each

Dayton RS 225 midbasses ~$50 each

Fi IB 15 sealed off at the trunk ~250

That totals: $1510.00

Still ~$500 left for sound deadener, accessories, wire ,and build materials. His stock electrical should be fine. If its not we'll add a bank of supercaps and be done.

Team NorthWestSPL

This is the gear list I came up with for my friends budget SQ system I am installing in his new Mazda...should come in under 2k and sound AMAZING

Stock HU with outboard processor (ms-8, 360.3, etc.) we are trying to find one of these used so ~$600 max there

Zuki Eleets 5 Channel ~$500

Fountek 3" full range speakers (these will cover the vast majority of the musical spectrum probably high pass somewhere around 400-800hz) ~$30 each

Dayton RS 225 midbasses ~$50 each

Fi IB 15 sealed off at the trunk ~250

That totals: $1510.00

Still ~$500 left for sound deadener, accessories, wire ,and build materials. His stock electrical should be fine. If its not we'll add a bank of supercaps and be done.

Theirs a 360.3 for $350+ shipping

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192284-fs-rf-3603/#entry2891722

I've found that most ppl don't think they can get a good quality audio system for under 2000 round here...I disagree but im in the minority and believe that being reasonable is better than spending more than 2000 on a car stereo. When I am done I will have under 1000 in mine and it will sound fantastic.

I've found that most ppl don't think they can get a good quality audio system for under 2000 round here...I disagree but im in the minority and believe that being reasonable is better than spending more than 2000 on a car stereo. When I am done I will have under 1000 in mine and it will sound fantastic.

You're a fucking goofy. Nobody said you cant get a GOOD sounding system for under 2000. You tried be slick asking this question instead of the one you wanted to ask which is what the best system for 2000 or what's the best budget system for under 2000. 2000 dollars is not a dream budget to begin with. Go back and look at some of your posts. According to you, that's a dream for broke people. This isn't a hobby for broke people.

Archived