SQ HU to replace 80-prs

I have had my 80-PRS for 2 yrs now and it has worked well. After finishing my last round of upgrades it wouldn't turn back on after setting the gains with my DD-1. And it was acting up while setting gains, turned off twice by its self.

So after gains where set i installed speakers, some temp until i finish my door panels and hang them. I went to test system to see how everything was working and sounded and the HU wouldn't turn back on.

I checked fuses and pulled HU to see if i had power in the harness going to it and i did. Tomorrow i have garage time and a base model Pioneer hu with same style plug in and will test the old HU to see if it powers on. If not i have another harness i can test both units with off a 12v source.

So not certain at this point if the 80-PRS is dead but if so i am reluctant to buy another if this one failed after 2 yrs with min use.

I have heard the Clarion Cz702 is pretty good, and researched Kenwood but haven't found there Active HU yet. I am running active and looking for a HU to do the same. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

try reset on the pioneer face plate.......... the cz702 is a decent headunit aswell

I tried that. Even switched back to standard mode and hit reset. There's just no power to HU. I will no more tomorrow.

Archived