Sundown Audio

My test: Taramps T20.2k

TaylorFade

IMHO the best thing about the AMM-1 is the ability for anyone to test their amp in their car, a bench, or whatever. The one limiting factor is it doesn't show the resulting voltage at clipping in the Dyno or live wattage modes. This is a feature the big boy Amp Dyno AD-1 has, but it is many times the cost of the AMM-1 and as long as you use a decent RMS DMM on the power terminals, you can get the voltage anyway.

Taylor says he has a video, but it stopped right at the point the amp went "poof". Maybe he got enough to show.

MFG's should be afraid now they can no longer get by lying about their wattage output claims. Steve has proven a few fails on his Amp Test Tuesdays. I've had a few surprises also...

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

IMHO the best thing about the AMM-1 is the ability for anyone to test their amp in their car, a bench, or whatever. The one limiting factor is it doesn't show the resulting voltage at clipping in the Dyno or live wattage modes. This is a feature the big boy Amp Dyno AD-1 has, but it is many times the cost of the AMM-1 and as long as you use a decent RMS DMM on the power terminals, you can get the voltage anyway.

Taylor says he has a video, but it stopped right at the point the amp went "poof". Maybe he got enough to show.

MFG's should be afraid now they can no longer get by lying about their wattage output claims. Steve has proven a few fails on his Amp Test Tuesdays. I've had a few surprises also...

I agree that I've had some surprises with the amm-1 and others that I was supremely impressed with.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

i cant believe the guy used the map price to justify the amp.. he said map is $1940 for a 20k that is more efficient smaller footprint yadda yadda yadda. then asked whats the map on the korean board 9k like saying it over priced.. i rather pay $2400 for a reliable 9k amp than to pay $1000 for a 20k that only goes up in flames

You definitely interpreted me saying 9k is over priced. That's not what I said, now is it?

Also, he did the testing with 1 ohm resistive, with no breaks in between, 3 times.

I did not use the price to justify the amp either, geesh. I was only using it as an comparison. $1940 for what is shown, 13krms. OR, $2400 for the 9k that mind you, you have to wire down, and use 18v, to see comparable wattage.

Apparently, not to you, but some of those yada yada yada is a difference maker when deciding what amplifer best suites your needs.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

i cant believe the guy used the map price to justify the amp.. he said map is $1940 for a 20k that is more efficient smaller footprint yadda yadda yadda. then asked whats the map on the korean board 9k like saying it over priced.. i rather pay $2400 for a reliable 9k amp than to pay $1000 for a 20k that only goes up in flames

You definitely interpreted me saying 9k is over priced. That's not what I said, now is it?

Also, he did the testing with 1 ohm resistive, with no breaks in between, 3 times.

I did not use the price to justify the amp either, geesh. I was only using it as an comparison. $1940 for what is shown, 13krms. OR, $2400 for the 9k that mind you, you have to wire down, and use 18v, to see comparable wattage.

Apparently, not to you, but some of those yada yada yada is a difference maker when deciding what amplifer best suites your needs.

I'm not sure what Shizzzon means by "breaks" between burps, but they weren't back to back to back. I charged the caps up and fiddled with shit in between the runs. Easily a couple minutes passed between each pull.

Honestly... I'm not "surprised" that it popped. And that's the worst part. I knew going into the test that there was a pretty good chance that a 1 ohm resistive test was going to kill it. But think about that.... 1 ohm killed a 1 ohm amp. That doesn't seem right. AND the fact that I knew there was a good chance I was about to piss away a rather large sum of money creating a paperweight.

What did surprise and/or disappoint me is two things.

1- it didn't even come close to rated.

2- it didn't fucking protect.

I'm not sure what Shizzzon means by "breaks" between burps, but they weren't back to back to back. I charged the caps up and fiddled with shit in between the runs. Easily a couple minutes passed between each pull.

Honestly... I'm not "surprised" that it popped. And that's the worst part. I knew going into the test that there was a pretty good chance that a 1 ohm resistive test was going to kill it. But think about that.... 1 ohm killed a 1 ohm amp. That doesn't seem right. AND the fact that I knew there was a good chance I was about to piss away a rather large sum of money creating a paperweight.

What did surprise and/or disappoint me is two things.

1- it didn't even come close to rated.

2- it didn't fucking protect.

Taylor

Thank you for a legit test. (id like to know WHAT it did, was even "clean", but that is here nor there")

what i have ALWAYS dug, .. you are true.

DO NOT respond to anyone saying "you didnt give it a chance"

Just respond with fact,... like you ALWAYS do.

cheers...

There are very few people who arent biased as fuck in the car audio world. The one who ran this test is one of the few.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived