I think I finally understand the gun argument

While I agree with you can't punish a psycho you can punish him the first time he gets caught as a felon in possession of s firearm. We also need to make prison hard again. They've got it better in jail than most do at home. As for the mental health options. The link I posted above about the link between the school shooters and mass shootings is that they were all in the care of a doctor of some sort who had prescribed psychotropic drugs.

IIRC, in many of the instances the people were off their medicines at the times of the shootings, correct?

Harsher punishments don't result in better outcomes. Since Reagan we have increased punishments, and it has had negative outcomes. We are no safer from violence, we haven't decreased drug use, and we've only increased income disparity.

Oh also look up the countries with restrictive gun control where hey have a booming underground home made gun trade. I think they did a huge article on the Philippines. If someone wants something bad enough they'll find a way to get it. We don't need more gun control. We need to actually punish those who are caught breaking gun laws and hit them with the max.

For quite a while, I use to agree with this exact sentiment. Now after quite a bit of reading, I've discovered that most research disproves the idea that higher punishment = higher deterrence of violent crime..

Punishment may work with rational people, but irrational psychopaths, we need more mental health options. Our country would be much safer with more spent on mental health and less spent on prisons.

BTW, I'm very pro gun. If it isn't clear, I don't think guns are the problem, I think people are the problem.

More mental health options I do not agree with

We do not understand the brain like we think we do. Trying to fix something we don't quite get is a losing battle. You can't force someone to be sane. Some just aren't

Not all people with mental health problems are insane. If fear of punishment doesn't deter murderers, why would we not explore mental health options?

If you check our countries that don't take such a "harsh on crime" approach, they actually have better outcomes than us!

I am curious what you are suggesting here

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

While I agree with you can't punish a psycho you can punish him the first time he gets caught as a felon in possession of s firearm. We also need to make prison hard again. They've got it better in jail than most do at home. As for the mental health options. The link I posted above about the link between the school shooters and mass shootings is that they were all in the care of a doctor of some sort who had prescribed psychotropic drugs.

Ah, prison reform... That's another argument in it self. Making it harder to fit the crime is one thing... but getting them to conform with society when they get out is a bigger problem, since over half that get out of jail end up going right back.

So if you feel that there is a legit reason behind it lets hear it. I mean we aren't talking about illegally procured guns being used in a crime right? Either guns at were stolen or gotten by methods that are already crimes. Gun control only applies to those who don't want to become a criminal.

Guns are the ultimate equalizer and that is true. Some people do let it go to their heads this is true as well mainly because they've never taken the time to realize what happens if you pull that trigger. I am unabashedly pro 2a. Almost all of you know that. I hope to god that I never have to use my firearms to protect my life or my family's life. The cost financially and emotionally are far too high.

I'm 100% pro 2a myself, BUT, there are plenty of people I really don't trust with guns. These people that shoot up schools and shot being at the top of the list. I do think it's their right to have guns, so I'm not going to try to stop it. But it still scares me to think about some of the idiots out there carrying around firearms.

"Controlling" guns will do nothing. (In the sense of no one gets them legally)

Take columbine for example, all the ammunition was bought at WALMART by youngsters.... Raise the age in which you can buy ammunition, and maybe make it a little harder to do so. I don't see the need to buy a couple hundred rounds while I'm buying Lego or clothing.

I mean... Places like Walmart are like a DIY murder store. You can buy your ammunition, clothing to later on burn, a shovel (or on the flip side, a sleeping bag and weights), the chemicals to get rid of the blood, the saw in which to chop your firearm up with, and the fuel to burn it all.

It certainly wouldn't stop some things from happening, but I mean in these days with kids being such pussies about getting bullied and such (gonna maybe get hate for that...but back in my day you either ignored it or fought the people.... Never once did I think "hey let's cut myself") maybe making it so you need to be 25 years old or so to freely buy ammunition will get rid of an "impulse" bad decision or two.

I understand a lot of Americans (not all) in particular are very touchy when any control comes towards anything firearm related, but making the age in which you're allowed to purchase and freely use a firearm should be reserved until youve proven yourself to be a mildly stable person is a good idea.

Now I get it... Plenty of the issues are from people over the age of 25, and there's always the "hey dude, can you buy me this..." But taking the ease away is a start, and maybe it would at least cut down on the crimes committed with firearms.

You'll never get rid of it all.... You can only do little things to do damage control.

no.. get out of here with that.. if 18 is old enough to enlist in the military then 18 is old enough to buy a gun or ammunition.. next thing you know you will want that

raised to 50 then to 100.

more armed citizens stop crime. simple as that. mos the times in shootings the shooter kills himself once confronted. if confronted by a citizen it would end quicker via getting shot or self inflicted wound.

I understand a lot of Americans (not all) in particular are very touchy when any control comes towards anything firearm related, but making the age in which you're allowed to purchase and freely use a firearm should be reserved until youve proven yourself to be a mildly stable person is a good idea.

no.. get out of here with that.. if 18 is old enough to enlist in the military then 18 is old enough to buy a gun or ammunition.. next thing you know you will want that

raised to 50 then to 100.

more armed citizens stop crime. simple as that. mos the times in shootings the shooter kills himself once confronted. if confronted by a citizen it would end quicker via getting shot or self inflicted wound.

Why not just give everyone a gun? It'll sort itself out.... Someone would sleep with someone's girlfriend, and in the heat of finding out, they'll open fire on a couple people, everyone will react, and people will end up sticking up for their "crew" and there would be mass killings. I would bet money on that.

I'm not part of the committee that makes laws, no need to get so defensive. I'm just saying maybe people need to PROVE they're mentally stable enough to own a firearm. And unless you want your taxes to go up....or fees for getting your license.... Age restriction is a good option.

I get it.... I completely do. I like my guns. And I wish we had less restrictions on certain things up here in Canada.

There are small town here in the U.S. that require each household to own a gun for personal protection. Those small towns have exhibited a major decrease in crime since the law/requirement was passed in those towns.

Make that a federal law and see who is willing to give their life up to rob, rape, or steal.

Say you live in a city with 3,000 houses there are 3k gun plus in that city. Are you willing to shoot up a theater? No

Put a few national guard members at schools that are armed in that same city willing to shoot up that school? Fuck no!

What about a city with 300,000 houses each of which have 1 it more guns and national guard at every school? Hell fucking no!

Guns isn't the issue its the answer!

Our founding fathers new this and gave us the right to bear arms. Not for hunting ot recreational reasons but to protect yourself. To protect ourselves from a tyrant government, home invasions, our communities, or family, and our friends. Our founding fathers foresaw this day and age and gave us the tools to survive we just have to choose to use our tools.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

It's already been said in here, but I am agreeing strongly on this. A criminal, if they want to inflict death to someone, will find a way. No matter what. Controling and banning law abiding citizens is not going to make any bit of an effect on the non-law abiding citizens.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm