Second Skin Audio

What note do you like your sub to play to?

I have an Alpine Type E rated at 750 watts peak. It is a 12" sub. I have a Pioneer 800 watt amp to go with it and I have set the gain to just before distortion on a 40Hz note. It is in a Kicker box with a tuning of 40Hz. I have the Hz cut on the amp set down at 40hz. I like to play my lows. What do you like your subs to play at a max note? I know some people like them to play a full 20-20K range. I know some like to play only a 20-200 range. I know of one guy who has a 12" set at 30Hz limit. I was just wondering what you guys would think.

Extra info:
It is "ghetto" rigged in a home via. computer power supply. I have towers that are rated at 500 watts peak on a 500 watt per channel amp. They play as low as the 12" giving that they are 1000 watt clarion 10" subs. Everything works 100% fine and nothing ever clips. It is wired in with RCA through a set of splitters I have from my computer. It bumps hard and knocks the wind out of you if you move to a certain spot. But this is all extra info... And most people are going to be against the whole Car Amp and Sub in a home idea but, don't hate until you hear it.

Max ratings mean nothing. RMS/continuous power handling rating os subwoofer is what you match up with an amps continuous RMS output.

So tell me more about these people you know that like their subs to play from 20hz to 20kHZ.....

^

Lol, so funny

Anyways I like a mid 20-60 or 80hz range. Kinda depends on the door speakers I have. If they can keep up all the way down to 60hz then the sub gets crossed ay about 60hz with a steep slope. Then the doors at 80hz with a small slope.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

33 hz gets the bitches as the video states

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

20,000hz out of a subwoofer.

That's cute since most monoblock amplifiers only have an output of 10hz to 300hz

yup..

class d mono are built "and rated i might add" up to around 300hz

T15k from tony is 17k at 12v 20 to 20k

werd...

i dont know why you would tune to 40hz and put the lpf at 40hz, have fun with your sub unloading all the time.

no doubt..... wondered who all would see that

hell my enclosure will roll off around 50.. i dont even run a LOW pass.... i leave it open, and i tickle 55hz or so......

Archived