ROLEXrifleman Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 Dude, your full of it. I counted at least 3 that were rated st 100watts rms b4 I stopped looking. Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Guest Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 Morel has a 4 inch that handles more than a 100 watts. Partsexpress.com has them. I saw that too. They are 150wrms and nd they are 8ohm anyways. I need 4ohm for my application. I should have specified that earlier.
Guest Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 Dude, your full of it. I counted at least 3 that were rated st 100watts rms b4 I stopped looking. No I am not. Sonic rates most of their 4" speakers as rms per pair NOT per speaker. So they come out to 50 or less rms. Trust me man, I wish you were right.
yurvalentine Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 Morel has a 4 inch that handles more than a 100 watts. Partsexpress.com has them.I saw that too. They are 150wrms and nd they are 8ohm anyways. I need 4ohm for my application. I should have specified that earlier. What's wrong with 8ohm? You would still see ~50w, nothing wrong with that.
Guest Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 Morel has a 4 inch that handles more than a 100 watts. Partsexpress.com has them.I saw that too. They are 150wrms and nd they are 8ohm anyways. I need 4ohm for my application. I should have specified that earlier. What's wrong with 8ohm? You would still see ~50w, nothing wrong with that. 50 watts on a 150 watt speaker? Isn't that a little under powered?
CstrokerV Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 just noticed morel id labeled for california prop 65 wonder what material my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
yurvalentine Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 Depends on the driver. Maybe for that particular one. But maybe find some others that are 8ohm? Partsexpress has a nice selection, I bet you could find something that would fit your needs.
Smoove Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 Why are you looking for so much power in the Pillar in a 4" ? What is your goal ? 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
CstrokerV Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 Don't know why you are stuck on 100 watts thats alot for apillars they are right there in your face... 50 for mids and 50 for tweets will be plenty my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
Guest Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 I am stuck. I am bi-amping my Crescendo Mezzo Component set. I called Cresendo, they said the tweeters can handle 100wrms if you set the crossover to 4kHz. So I started looking for a quality two channel amp at 2X100rms at 4ohm. The amp, one of the rockord power series, is limited by a 0-250Hz HPF. So I thought about doing a 4-channel amp at 4X100rms that has the full range crossover built in. So, I am trying to figure out a use for the other 2 channels on the amp so they do not go to waste. I tried to be quick sorry lol.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.