Need help on choosing speakers

txboy96

I'm wanting to get a set of components. I currently have Focal PS165 components installed but I want something that has a warmer sound and not so harsh with more mid-bass. My price range is $300 but willing to spend more. The 3 audio shops in town only sell Kicker, Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, JL so going to them is pointless. What set would you recommend? I don't need anything extreme, my goal is to just have a system that sounds good and can get loud when I want it to without distortion. My subs are 2 kicker comp r 10 (bought them when I knew nothing) but I want to upgrade to 1 12. I have a single cab truck so I wanna try to save space and get a smaller enclosure with 1 12. What sub would you recomend? I can spend $250-300 on sub. I already have an amp for the sub and components.

Thanks to anyone that replys.

Sound like to me you need to work out the issues with your install.

Just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Best bang for buck comp set.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12260_JBL-P660C.html

They were just $99, but even at this price point of $119 they are well worth it.

Personally i would save and get a set of hertz HSK165's as they'll do everything you want and sound amazing.

I just got the JBL's on sale for my car for the time being until i can afford to do a proper sound stage with hertz equipment.

EDIT: As cablguy said, prep your doors proper and you'll be amazed at how well speakers sound afterwards.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

You already have a $300+ component set. There's nothing wrong with the PS series Focals at all.

Like mentioned by the guys above, woofer placement and front/rear isolation, hopefully within a large enclosure like a door, is key for mid-bass response. Q-forms or even a well built kick panel without proper air space will rarely give decent mid-bass, regardless of woofer.

Static drops are my bag.

You already have a $300+ component set. There's nothing wrong with the PS series Focals at all.I will try and seal my doors, what would cause the tweeters to blow? I've went through 2 sets in the past year and they just blew again last week.

Like mentioned by the guys above, woofer placement and front/rear isolation, hopefully within a large enclosure like a door, is key for mid-bass response. Q-forms or even a well built kick panel without proper air space will rarely give decent mid-bass, regardless of woofer.

You already have a $300+ component set. There's nothing wrong with the PS series Focals at all.I will try and seal my doors, what would cause the tweeters to blow? I've went through 2 sets in the past year and they just blew again last week.

I will try and seal my doors, what would cause the tweeters to blow? I've went through 2 sets in the past year and they just blew again last week.

I will try and seal my doors, what would cause the tweeters to blow? I've went through 2 sets in the past year and they just blew again last week.

distorted music, gain, or boosting the treble to distortion

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived