power house sq 4 channel amp

keith

What kind of 2 channel do you run, i was thinking of running some sound stream ref series 2 channel amps want somthing with lots of head room any suggestions.

He runs linear power.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

They aren't cheap just so you know but if you're interested I'd pm cablguy I'm sure he will help you out with anything you need to know.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

where would be a good place to pick those up at and which model of linear power has at least 150 to 200 watts per channel.

LP2150 - 150 wpc

LP2250 - 250 wpc

Www.linearpower.com

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Well, you said you wanted a powerhouse setup ... Just trying to help brother.

Best of luck !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

with $800 you have a lot of decent options. I would go with (2) two channel amps. Make sure they are rated above what you need, so say RMS rating is like 100 watts, make sure you get a amp that puts out 150+ watts RMS. That rule of thumb has always done well for me. Also look at signal to noise ratio and fuse ratings. Also look at the amp dyno for various brands. Steve usually runs mono blocks but suffice to say if a brand is lying about power ratings on one amp they're lying about the rest.

Look at Alpine, JBL, Cadence(debatable but I had a good experience with two of mine), Zapco, Soundqubed, Sundown. List goes on but those are the brands I have used in the past that have good clean power. I love Alpine amps actually, for the price to performance I haven't been able to find anything thats as reliable. JBL amps are being designed by crown engineers if I am not mistaken and have a good reputation putting down good power. SQ looks like a great company and I have heard nothing but good things and plan to buy their 1200.1 monoblock for my car.

Gladen, Mosconi,audison are other brands you should check out.

Just for your knowledge, you won't hear a difference between 150W and 200W, not even between 100W and 150W.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_15358_JL-Audio-HD600-4.html

This shouldn't dissapoint either.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Gladen, Mosconi,audison are other brands you should check out.

Just for your knowledge, you won't hear a difference between 150W and 200W, not even between 100W and 150W.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_15358_JL-Audio-HD600-4.html

This shouldn't dissapoint either.

Rules of thumb oversimplify things. The difference is not between 150 and 200. Its in the power supply and can it deal with the speakers impedance dip over the frequency spectrum.

the rule of thumb is based on the assumption that a amplifier that is rated higher MAY have a better power supply/circuitry to deal with the impedance dip which if not sufficient will cause distortion which actually is audible.

Archived