head phone set ups. post em up!

Looking for some good over-ears for under $100. Leaning towards this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_92929_Sennheiser-HD429-FIIO-E06-SLHP07.html

I have the HD428 I've been very happy with them and they can be had for $50 on amazon I paid $100 at best buy a couple years ago and would gladly pay the same amount again.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD428-Circumaural-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B002DGTGNG

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I have some sennheiser HD428'S and a pair of power beats in ear's

Very happy with both I would have never bought the beats because I don't like the on ear ones but I caught them on clearance 50% off and said screw it and gave them a try and I'm actually glad I did.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Just because I'm lazy, I'm quoting from my computer log.

Got my headphones and amp in!

0EE01C01-0EDE-4FF0-A1C6-46DF5C172B67_zps

My Schiit amp, the Magni.

7AE23E69-2375-4FCA-843E-04FCB6B74EA1_zps

6F91F008-97A9-452E-8FD4-FBD65AB0E910_zps

FDC733F9-5175-4A64-80E0-1982F5979CCA_zps

Now for the Sennheiser HD650's! I was very impressed with the shipping, the box/traveling case is very very nice.

87CA66B9-590B-49D5-8AAD-64FB0B9FABDD_zps

F40D422A-4207-44CD-A6F3-826C7F452D29_zps

4ADED9A0-4C53-4C23-A864-76C4CAD79000_zps

A1481890-9FBE-49B0-8107-924EB14D7FDF_zps

D7D72822-2170-49B0-8F91-161AD8707B4E_zps

So far the sound is amazing, the amp is enough to power these 300 ohm speakers nicely.

I can hear in the sound quality test tracks when the musicians press down on the keys of a keyboard, or press down on a valve for their horn.

I will do an extensive review on these after I get 70 or so hours of play time on them, so that I can make sure that they are fully burned in.

Just a stock image of the cans for a better look.

910Hd-OCl4L._SL1500_.jpg

So you carry all that with you?

So you carry all that with you?

Of course not. The amp is powered by a 120v RMS outlet.

This is for listening to music/movies/gaming at my computer.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I have the JDS Labs ODAC, Schiit Asgard 2, Fiio E11, with HiFiMAN HE-400s, V-Moda M100s, Sony XB-500s, Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10s and various other sources, components and accessories. I have owned/used several other headphones, amps, and other items as well. Cool to see others with interest in headphones on here. I'll get some pics up later on when I'm on my computer.

Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.

I bought the bowers and Wilkins c5 in ear, loved the sound but hated how they felt so I gave them away. I love my monster DNA in ear sound and feel. not too high end but right in the middle for what they are used.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Looking for some good over-ears for under $100. Leaning towards this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_92929_Sennheiser-HD429-FIIO-E06-SLHP07.html

I lagged on this topic. Kirill, Krakin, and Broke Audio: I just want something for at home, plugged into my laptop, so my wife has nothing to bitch about. If you guys could recommend something better than what I posted for the price, I'd appreciate it.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

If those are really open back you'll still get bitched at lol.

I can't really recommend anything other than what I did because they are honestly the first pair I've ever spent more than a few $ on the only others are the power beats and the those will get you bitched at too.

I run Plantronics GameCom 780's. Perfect for PC gaming... No one ever complains about my mic and the sound quality isn't bad at all for $50.

I lagged on this topic. Kirill, Krakin, and Broke Audio: I just want something for at home, plugged into my laptop, so my wife has nothing to bitch about. If you guys could recommend something better than what I posted for the price, I'd appreciate it.

These are pretty nice for the price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plantronics-Gamecom-780-Black-Headband-USB-Surround-Sound-Stereo-Gaming-Headset-/311155817486?pt=US_Computer_Headsets&hash=item487254fc0e

If you really like Sennheiser, i'd recommend keeping an eye out for a pair of HD558's. They go on sale pretty often for a little over $100... They have open box ones on eBay for about that price right now. BestBuy has them on display where they keep their high end TV's.

Archived