head phone set ups. post em up!

The 428's are closed back, meaning they don't let sound out, right? 429's are closed, too.

Closed back will contain some noise but not all but it's pretty minimal compared to what you're hearing inside them.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The 428's are closed back, meaning they don't let sound out, right? 429's are closed, too.

Closed back will contain some noise but not all but it's pretty minimal compared to what you're hearing inside them.

So what do I look for that keeps all the sound in the phones?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Looking for some good over-ears for under $100. Leaning towards this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_92929_Sennheiser-HD429-FIIO-E06-SLHP07.html

I lagged on this topic. Kirill, Krakin, and Broke Audio: I just want something for at home, plugged into my laptop, so my wife has nothing to bitch about. If you guys could recommend something better than what I posted for the price, I'd appreciate it.

The HD429 is a good headphone, more aimed at bass then the 449.

The 449 and 429 really don't need a headphone amp so that'll be easier since you'll use it on your laptop.

Just order it already :ph34r:

Those will contain the sound decently, nowhere close to a open back in terms of sound leakage.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

You have the 770's and a total bithead? If so, nice. I really wanted to get my hands on a pair of the 770s to test. How do you like that setup?

Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.

You have the 770's and a total bithead? If so, nice. I really wanted to get my hands on a pair of the 770s to test. How do you like that setup?

love the 770's.... nice all around headphones.... had them for so long that I needed to replace the ear pads- going on 10 years now!

I really want to hear a pair sometime. I was going to get a pair and decided to get the V-Moda M100s instead. Which Btw if anyone on here is looking for an awesome portable headphone the m100s are pretty great. They are versatile, rugged, and don't need an amp to sound great and get loud, but the can benefit from one. The only suggest is that you pick up the XL earpads when you buy them as the stock ones are uncomfortable.

Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.

Archived