gckless Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 So, looking for options here. Sealed or ported, any size/combination subs. Musicality is the goal, but I'd like to maximize output also. Coming from some bigger setups, the downgrade is going to be noticeable and I want to minimize it best I can. Running two amps with 1800W at 1ohm, 1200W at 2ohms each amp. Budget is around $900 total. Keep in mind I'm looking to use passive radiators if I'm doing ported, and those will probably run about $400. My top choice right now is a pair of CSS SDX12's with a pair of Tantric PRs on each side. I think it would sound awesome. I've been looking around to see what 15's would fit in ~6 cubes, but not many out there. Not going to run DCs 15's, though I was pretty happy with my level 3's when I had them and wouldn't be totally against it again, and would run them at 2ohms. Level 4's wouldn't be up to SQ snuff. Dayton HO 15's are there, but Xmax is so low that the SDX12's have more Vd, on paper anyway. Could do a couple of beefier 15's sealed. Or maybe even four 10's ported, but $4-500 might not get me four of the caliber drivers I want. Also open to other 12" options. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Bump4life Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 single beefy 12 in 6th order Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
Nightshade Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 I'd look into doing 2 12's in a 2:1 4th order if you want to use all the space. Otherwise if it were me I would run 2 15's in a ported box and lose the idea of running passive rads. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
gckless Posted January 13, 2015 Author Report Posted January 13, 2015 single beefy 12 in 6th order I don't know why, but bandpass never interested me. Maybe I just like having the flexibility to cross as high as I want? Even though I cross low. I dunno. Convince me? I'd look into doing 2 12's in a 2:1 4th order if you want to use all the space. Otherwise if it were me I would run 2 15's in a ported box and lose the idea of running passive rads. Two fifteens aero ported would bring me down to around 5 cubes net. Don't know what 15's would work in that with any decent bandwidth. PRs would gain me space. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Bump4life Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 single beefy 12 in 6th order I don't know why, but bandpass never interested me. Maybe I just like having the flexibility to cross as high as I want? Even though I cross low. I dunno. Convince me? I'd look into doing 2 12's in a 2:1 4th order if you want to use all the space. Otherwise if it were me I would run 2 15's in a ported box and lose the idea of running passive rads. Two fifteens aero ported would bring me down to around 5 cubes net. Don't know what 15's would work in that with any decent bandwidth. PRs would gain me space. what do you listen to over 60hz? shit even 70 hz? Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
juan777 Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 You mentioned you could possibly go up in power, DSS ethos 15s are 3cuft ported each. No experience with PRs but you could tune low and get a nice response I am getting DSS ethos for my daily when I find a nice truck . 300 dollars per right now The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
CleanSierra Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 2 Mayhem 12s, done. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
gckless Posted January 13, 2015 Author Report Posted January 13, 2015 single beefy 12 in 6th order I don't know why, but bandpass never interested me. Maybe I just like having the flexibility to cross as high as I want? Even though I cross low. I dunno. Convince me? I'd look into doing 2 12's in a 2:1 4th order if you want to use all the space. Otherwise if it were me I would run 2 15's in a ported box and lose the idea of running passive rads. Two fifteens aero ported would bring me down to around 5 cubes net. Don't know what 15's would work in that with any decent bandwidth. PRs would gain me space. what do you listen to over 60hz? shit even 70 hz? Dis be true. You mentioned you could possibly go up in power, DSS ethos 15s are 3cuft ported each. No experience with PRs but you could tune low and get a nice response I am getting DSS ethos for my daily when I find a nice truck . 300 dollars per right now With 15's, PRs wouldn't work. And aero porting would bring me down around 5 cubes. The more I think about it the more ported 15's won't work. 2 Mayhem 12s, done. If I'm going to do any of the more popular subs, Murphy can build me HDs to be very linear, so that's probably the route I would take. AA just doesn't intrigue me. Don't know why, nothing against them at all. I'd probably rather try the Ethos than a Mayhem. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Ahmed Johnson Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 I just gave my friend a box for 2 15's ported that was about 6.5 cu. It might depend on the subs but I wan't too happy with it.
Leo1103 Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 6 cubes airspace or 6 cubes net? 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.