Perks of going to COLLEGE.

I went ahead and picked up these Old School Image Dynamics IDQ12V2.D2 for $96.00 with a 6 month warranty. Not the box I am going to use.

The box does drop into the back well and I have a Crossfire VR1000D pushing them at 2 Ohm so @ 500-550 watts RMS. They sound accurate

as my old Kicker Solo Baric (Round 12's). I am sorta getteing used to a 3 inch V.C. since I now run Memphis C3's in my Bimmer, and before

that I had the Rockford HX2's in my truck. I love the accuracy of the ID's but I am wondering if they will be loud enough?

So far running the 2 way 6.5 Delco door speakers. At low volume, these stock speakers are OK sounding.

The Phoenix Gold is rated at 600W x's 2 @ @ ohm mono. And the paperwork says these numbers are conservative, so maybe closer to 700-750W.

Anyone have specs on these subs? I can't find them on the internet. I have read these sound just as accurate and louder in a ported box. 1.55cf 3x12" port. I gotta find the forum where I read that.

003_zpsb43b36be.jpg

-Frank

I'll be a good boy if you'll.be my daddy! haha

makes me miss my z28,my rs, my firebird 3.8L, and my 2000 Trans m ws6. love my F bodies!

I've owned 6 different Pontiacs besides the ones listed. have 2 grand prix right now. a gt and gxp.

tuned in... should have got a firebird lol

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I'll be a good boy if you'll.be my daddy! haha

makes me miss my z28,my rs, my firebird 3.8L, and my 2000 Trans m ws6. love my F bodies!

I've owned 6 different Pontiacs besides the ones listed. have 2 grand prix right now. a gt and gxp.

tuned in... should have got a firebird lol

So AJ is 2 ID 12's enough for the Fbody? I know SQ does not move air like SPL but I was hoping for alittle more "umph!".

I do have other subwoofer options. These are what I was going to put on Ebay to sell and make $ to pay for this venture like I did with the Jimmy. The Jimmy is paid for fully. I paid myself back for the initial vehicle purchase, and all the goodies where paid for with ebay sales. So net cost was zero to fix her up.

2 American Bass XD 12's

2 Phoenix Gold Elite 12's!!!

2 Rockford Fosgate HX2 12's (His to install)

2 Rockford Fosgate HX2 10's

1 Rockford Fosgate T115D2.

-Frank

I fucking hated sitting in a college class. Made me want to kill myself learning to somebody elses standards.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE getting on a job site and busting my ass to do cool shit. Work with all different kinds of equipment, make alarms do different stuff. Wire up rooms, flip a switch and everything works.

College isn't for everyone, just like Broke said. It's not hard to get into an apprenticeship, work 40-50 hours a week for $10-15/hr, for a few years.... Get licensed in that field and start making $20+ and hour. Hell, even start your own business.

I would much rather see a 20 year old kid busting his ass week in and week out with a new truck, than to see a 20 year old kid living in a dorm mooching off mommy and daddy....send the little bastard off on a drilling rig when the oilfields pick back up. He'll figure out REAL quick that it feels much better to EARN money working hard.

0664f6de24a49132b0e0413e0d119577.jpg

Have him take a look at the MikeRoweFoundation and the programs he supports as well...

http://profoundlydisconnected.com/foundation/

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Builds coming along nicely. The IDs should be enough but we all know there's no such thing as enough in this hobby.

That's definitely a cool thing you're doing but collage isn't for everyone. I see your point and your concern about his future. But I feel getting a trade skill is far more beneficial, something there will always be a need for like what you have. Medical is a good field that there will always be a need for. If likes to work there is nothing wrong with that, that's a rare thing with kids these days. Send him up by me CN is hiring and they start at 32 hr bit your working constantly. Hopefully he figures out what he wants in life and sees that your offering an awesome opportunity.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

tuned in for actual audio build.

Don't care if the kid takes the car or not.lol Think it is funny that everyone seems down on the OP for offering an alternative. Kid can keep working, and fix his Cutty if he wants to.

My dad bought me a UGLY, cheap, lil truck when I was 16, and said after that I was on my own. At least this kid has an option.

01 Suburban Z71 - 5.3L - Black - 6" Lift on 35's - Pioneer H/U - Kicker Mids, 8" Polk sub.

Past rides-

07 Avalanche - Sunburst Orange - 4/6 Drop - Pioneer AVH-X5600 - 2/0 Royal Excelene - T/M fuse blocks - Stock and Singer 350 Alts - 4 Kinetik 1800 - Crecsendo BC5500 & S800.4 amps - 2 Tantric HDD 18's.- RE XXX 6.5 comps

01 Grand Vitara - V6 - 4x4 - Pioneer H/U - Incriminator 6.5 Comps - SSA XCON 18 - Skar 1500.1 & 84.4 amps - Singer 160 Alternator - Optima Yellow top..

I fucking hated sitting in a college class. Made me want to kill myself learning to somebody elses standards.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE getting on a job site and busting my ass to do cool shit. Work with all different kinds of equipment, make alarms do different stuff. Wire up rooms, flip a switch and everything works.

College isn't for everyone, just like Broke said. It's not hard to get into an apprenticeship, work 40-50 hours a week for $10-15/hr, for a few years.... Get licensed in that field and start making $20+ and hour. Hell, even start your own business.

I would much rather see a 20 year old kid busting his ass week in and week out with a new truck, than to see a 20 year old kid living in a dorm mooching off mommy and daddy....send the little bastard off on a drilling rig when the oilfields pick back up. He'll figure out REAL quick that it feels much better to EARN money working hard.

0664f6de24a49132b0e0413e0d119577.jpg

Have him take a look at the MikeRoweFoundation and the programs he supports as well...

lol... But the alternative is making 2 times as much money as a pipeline guy, working 40 hours a week and getting paid lunches. Hard work is one thing, but I'd rather be able to go out and play basketball when I'm 50 with my kids because I worked easy. Not be majority crippled or dead.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Somebody needs to do those jobs that require hard work so you guys should be glad some of us are willing and able to do it.

And if you think going to college guarantee's a big paycheck you guys are going to be in for a big surprise.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I've seen this tactic go horribly wrong more than a few times. This generosity might seem like the right thing to do... But really, you could be setting your self up for a life long room mate and it's a bitch to deal with the longer you keep up subsidizing the issues. You end up being their personal welfare.

Might work for some people but, I'd prefer to work smart, not hard.

Archived