Second Skin Audio

15" or 18"

Go-N-Def

space, power, and possible upgrading seem to be the three main factors on what size sub to use. music preference? if youre a slayer/metallica fan, maybe the 15, but if you dig all the decaf and slow and throw music...rock the 18...other than more cone area=more air movement...I really don't have a deciding reason to go for the 18. that woof can take some juice, so make sure the elec. is all up to par!

NO!

18 inch is louder, that's the only difference, and since it's usually only a 30 dollar difference it's a nice gain in dB's per dollar.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

space, power, and possible upgrading seem to be the three main factors on what size sub to use. music preference? if youre a slayer/metallica fan, maybe the 15, but if you dig all the decaf and slow and throw music...rock the 18...other than more cone area=more air movement...I really don't have a deciding reason to go for the 18. that woof can take some juice, so make sure the elec. is all up to par!

NO!

18 inch is louder, that's the only difference, and since it's usually only a 30 dollar difference it's a nice gain in dB's per dollar.

x2 Kirill

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

woudn't be suprised if you buy one and then decide that you want two of them :)

car audio as we all very well know is an expensive hobby...if you are super convinced you dont want to upgrade down the road then buy the 18" build a really good box for it, play around with it and try to squeeze the most out of it. I'ts already been stated that the 18 will have more cone area and therefor more output.

and will someone please correct me on this if I'm way off but I would ASSUME bigger sub requires bigger port(area) which not only increases cone area over the 15 but also an increase from having a bigger port(that part I have a hard time putting into words)

I would also assume from what Ive read and heard from people with suv's that having the port facing the rear hatch along with subs facing either up or also the rear you will also see a gain.

all of this is what makes sense to me....there's allot of factors other than the size of the sub that could determine which is louder/better....the enclosure would be the biggest factor imho....

sorry for the rant...feel free to correct me

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

I listen to all music mostly R&B, rap, a little decaf, and my wife girl power music. It the sp4 ok for this or do I need to consider other subs simular. I really dig Fi

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

I have the same question but I am running an AQ 750.1 and I am considering running a single FI Q sub. should I go 15" or 18"? I dont plan on upgrading in this vehicle in the future and i want to keep the build fairly minimal so like three batteries no upgraded alternator ( for now ). I also want to keep it sounding as clean as possible. I dont doubt the 18" to perform any less than the 15" but on 750ish watts is it worth it to buy the larger 18"?

I didnt mean to jack the thread but my question is the same just less power.

I have the same question but I am running an AQ 750.1 and I am considering running a single FI Q sub. should I go 15" or 18"? I dont plan on upgrading in this vehicle in the future and i want to keep the build fairly minimal so like three batteries no upgraded alternator ( for now ). I also want to keep it sounding as clean as possible. I dont doubt the 18" to perform any less than the 15" but on 750ish watts is it worth it to buy the larger 18"?

I didnt mean to jack the thread but my question is the same just less power.

I wouldn't run any Fi Q sub off of that amp. Not enough power..that sub is rated for 1500wrms!

Archived