1 run of 1/0 or 2

looks like cableguy did a typo. its always good to have extra wire and this is why.. resistance creates heat. heat creates voltage drop. having more wire reduces the resistance even if you wont use the wire 100% it will help

OK, correct me if I'm wrong here ... but if I remember correctly, I installed 2 AWG welding cable in my truck.

This cable is a larger diameter cable than the normal 1/0 cable ... which would be much easier than running multiple smaller cables in tight

areas and have the same effect ...

26203464064_original.jpg?v=0

it sais right there on the wire 2/0. not 2awg. big difference.

looks like cableguy did a typo. its always good to have extra wire and this is why.. resistance creates heat. heat creates voltage drop. having more wire reduces the resistance even if you wont use the wire 100% it will help

OK, correct me if I'm wrong here ... but if I remember correctly, I installed 2 AWG welding cable in my truck.

This cable is a larger diameter cable than the normal 1/0 cable ... which would be much easier than running multiple smaller cables in tight

areas and have the same effect ...

26203464064_original.jpg?v=0

it sais right there on the wire 2/0. not 2awg. big difference.
ok guys, I stand corrected.

My bad ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

any other suggestions on whether I should do 1 run or 2?

What wire are you using? Didn't catch where you said that.

You should do 2 runs at a minimum, depending on what wire you're using.

He's using audio pipe cca 1/0.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

he only has around 200 amp of supply...

hell.. i have 500 amp of supply and only have 4 runs......

fuck.. do 3 if you want.... do 11...

fact is.. 2 CCA runs will be more than enough to carry the current your supplying, (demand means nothing) for ya......

lets say i put 11 10k's in the back.. with a 100 amp alt...

why would adding runs do anything??? .....you run for what you can give, and if your able.. some over.... the rest should be spent on batterys, or somthing that would actually help.

IMHO

I say 0 runs of that wire, and upgrade it to OFC that meets or exceeds AWG standards

And 2AWG is not the same as 2/0

Starting with 4 ga it goes:

4ga < 2ga < 1/0(or 0 gauge) < 2/0 (or double 0 gauge)

The over all AMP rating, or DEMAND.. is that...

its NOT what YOU CAN FEED IT... unless you can.......

just saying.....

(do one run.. test.. and add one.. then the third... you will not see any help or gain.....bet you my house..... due to the fact you only have X to GIVE OUT)

he only has around 200 amp of supply...

hell.. i have 500 amp of supply and only have 4 runs......

fuck.. do 3 if you want.... do 11...

fact is.. 2 CCA runs will be more than enough to carry the current your supplying, (demand means nothing) for ya......

lets say i put 11 10k's in the back.. with a 100 amp alt...

why would adding runs do anything??? .....you run for what you can give, and if your able.. some over.... the rest should be spent on batterys, or somthing that would actually help.

IMHO

this

Is it unrealistic to believe that I was typing it already and hadn't hit submit or refreshed the page to see that?

Because that's exactly what happened.

either way 2 runs of 1/0 is greater than one run of 2/0 if both are the same brand and type of wire.

he already has the wire as well it wouldn't be my choice in wire but he has it already so why not use it?

Are you 100% certain here? I am not saying you are wrong, just asking how sure you are of this.

I was thinking like this, 2 12's dont have the same cone area as a 24, along those lines.

School me brotha

Archived