Second Skin Audio

Using nail gun?

jessdabest77

anybody ever catch the nails with a rounover bit???? how do you avoid that?

I have with my 3/4in round over. I use cheap bits so it didn't really bother me lol. Guess it's better than hitting a screw with a roundover

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

I haven't ever had to place them that close to the edge the heads are small and are driven just below flush with the surface

3. Let the glue soak in for a minute or two, this is very important with the cut edge of MDF

This is why I use titebond3 and only titebond3.

It has a longer open time before it starts to set. 10minutes compared to tb2 and tb1 which are only 5 minutes.

Also it wont chaulk until 47degrees which tb2 is 55 degrees and tb1 is 50, so in winter when I can only get my garage to around 50-55degrees on a good day it works out better (tb1 would probably work decent too but is slightly weaker glue).

I haven't ever had to place them that close to the edge the heads are small and are driven just below flush with the surface

ill have to try it out and see what happens. id rather use a nail gun, way way easier and faster. just don't want to catch a screw with the router. I don't see anything good coming out of a situation like that lol. at least if it catches a nail it shouldn't be too bad....

Archived