jessdabest77 Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 I've been building speaker boxes for year's now,and have mainly used screws,but now I'd like to build them using nail's or staple's.I was wondering if anyone know's of a descent priced air compressor and nail and staple gun's to buy?From where that will build boxes.
Mustang2dakota Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 http://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Hausfeld-FP209599AV-Twin-Stack-Compressor/dp/B000HDJHDG That's what I use, it's not the best nor the worst 2014 JKU Sound: pioneer xav-65 4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4 2 pioneer gm-d9601 (much more in route) General: 18in worx rims 33in tire stinger src bumpers light bars 6k hids 2in leveling kit 3.25in lift The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/
Deeznutz Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 Pawn shops have the smaller ones, used for $50.00. Look for the smaller ones that have at least 90 lbs compression. Some tools need 125 lbs, so decide if you want to get a bigger one. The larger ones will come in super handy when you buy an air gun. Trust me, I love my compressor!!!! http://www.walmart.com/ip/Campbell-Hausfeld-5.0hp-26-gallon-Air-Compressor/3988 -Frank
Ahmed Johnson Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 I know it will be quicker to use a nail gun, but a screw is the best choice for a sub box.
islandpride684 Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 Bought me a 20 gallon on Craigslist and it came with the nail gun...glue, tack with nail gun, then screws is how I do mine... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
mothra Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 i use Ridgid for my stapler and nail gun. I use a Craftsman Evolve pancake compress or a 20 gallon Husky depending on what I'm doing. if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
rockFord_Expedition Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 No screws in boxes. Glue and clamp, brads where necessary. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
ChevyBoy95 Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 I know it will be quicker to use a nail gun, but a screw is the best choice for a sub box. in reality if you clamp it properly and use a nice wood glue, screws are pointless. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
Katt Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 I know it will be quicker to use a nail gun, but a screw is the best choice for a sub box. After the glue dries its what holds it together. Plus rounding over, you'd have to take each screw out and put it back in once you roundover. Cause i sure the hell don't want to hit a screw with a roundover bit... *06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500* *91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*
Ahmed Johnson Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 I know it will be quicker to use a nail gun, but a screw is the best choice for a sub box.in reality if you clamp it properly and use a nice wood glue, screws are pointless. So you believe a chemical bond is better than a mechanical?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.