90,000 Watt Daily Build Update

Yeah, the 40ah weighs 40 pounds, and the 80ah weighs 80 pounds. I went from about 900-1,000 pounds to 80 pounds for the same power. Another reason for the change and investment. All that weight driving to shows 10 hours away, and using it every day, creates a lot of wear and tare on the vehicle. So I made the change just in time.

dang, 80 lbs, must be all the hardware inside the case. I was making my estimate off individual cell weights :peepwall:

lol. I'll put it on the scale to confirm.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

Don't these batteries actually make power at alternator charging voltages too? So you don't have to drop below 13v for your batteries to start working for you?

Yes, it's a characteristic of Lithium to distribute power in a linear manner.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Don't these batteries actually make power at alternator charging voltages too? So you don't have to drop below 13v for your batteries to start working for you?

i can explain briefly. since sencheesy has a 12 volt pack, it is probably designed to be charged near its nominal voltage to be safe.

with lithium batteries they have a fairly flat discharge curve. but once they get to 10-20% remaining, things go south really quick. a good lithium can hold voltage down to 10% of life remaining.

here is a sample discharge curve for 1 cell. we are dealing with individual cells similar to how we put ultracap banks together. the standard for lithium cells is 3.2-3.6 nominal with 2.8 min and 4.2 max. some cells can dip as low as 2 volts but thats pushing the limits of recharging them.

the different lines are referring to different loads present. so at 1 c with an 8ah battery, that line is representing a 8 amp load placed on the battery from full until dead.

3 voltages to worry about, min, max, and nominal.

3958Fig05.gif

so to answer your question, they can provide power at alternator levels if the pack is designed that way.

since sencheesy posted a pic of his battery resting at 13.6 and it was a "12 volt battery", internally i assume he has 8 cells. the cells would be 8 40ah cells at 4.2 volts max each. so put 2 in parallel to get 80ah, then series with others to get a MAX operating voltage of up to 16 volts. his nominal voltage will be sitting right at about 14.4 which is perfect for when the car is on.

so yes it will provide power at alternator charging :)

and if they are good cell which they better be for that price, you are looking at around 1.29 milli ohms internal resistance per cell. compared to an ultra cap which has .29 milli ohms internal resistance, ill take the extra storage for a little less current. :)

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

People just wanna hate as usual.

Even if the amps could put out 90k chances of actually seeing full output in the car aren't very good and the same can be said for any amp.

Don't hate because he's got more bank than you.

I don't care either, but when someone titles the thread 22kW daily build and they use 4 5500W power acoustik amps people will be hating a lot harder..

Sounds like a interesting build, I hope those batteries will be enough for you.( they should be depending on how you are planning to use them)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

i can explain briefly. since sencheesy has a 12 volt pack, it is probably designed to be charged near its nominal voltage to be safe.

with lithium batteries they have a fairly flat discharge curve. but once they get to 10-20% remaining, things go south really quick. a good lithium can hold voltage down to 10% of life remaining.

here is a sample discharge curve for 1 cell. we are dealing with individual cells similar to how we put ultracap banks together. the standard for lithium cells is 3.2-3.6 nominal with 2.8 min and 4.2 max. some cells can dip as low as 2 volts but thats pushing the limits of recharging them.

the different lines are referring to different loads present. so at 1 c with an 8ah battery, that line is representing a 8 amp load placed on the battery from full until dead.

3 voltages to worry about, min, max, and nominal.

3958Fig05.gif

so to answer your question, they can provide power at alternator levels if the pack is designed that way.

since sencheesy posted a pic of his battery resting at 13.6 and it was a "12 volt battery", internally i assume he has 8 cells. the cells would be 8 40ah cells at 4.2 volts max each. so put 2 in parallel to get 80ah, then series with others to get a MAX operating voltage of up to 16 volts. his nominal voltage will be sitting right at about 14.4 which is perfect for when the car is on.

so yes it will provide power at alternator charging :)

and if they are good cell which they better be for that price, you are looking at around 1.29 milli ohms internal resistance per cell. compared to an ultra cap which has .29 milli ohms internal resistance, ill take the extra storage for a little less current. :)

Wow, very well thought out response sir!

Someone has done their research hehe.

Resistance is .84

IMG_5479_zpstqmyhaoq.jpg

And here is a chart for your viewing pleasure. This is to represent the 80ah model

Screenshot_2015-02-12-14-16-26_zps64ap7c

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

I really want to know how safe those batteries really are, I would like to hear they are grade A and noob (myself) friendly, cause 40 LBS in my car sounds better than 400... Just saying. Thats beyond bad ass.

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

I really want to know how safe those batteries really are, I would like to hear they are grade A and noob (myself) friendly, cause 40 LBS in my car sounds better than 400... Just saying. Thats beyond bad ass.

they are safe. the protection circuits built into the casing prevent almost all failures by user and by other systems failing. only thing you couldn't protect against is an internal manufacturer failure. if you are assembling your own banks that may or may not be a problem. if a manufacturer is making your banks, i hope they are using proper casing to withstand the fire these things can make.

back in the early 1900s people thought it was dangerous to carry around 5 gallons of gas in your car.... now look at us

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

I'm going to wait a while to see how these batteries pan out for everyone. Then I'll consider them.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived