tips or tricks for sales positions

i'd suggest you stop doing that then, or they wont be coming back in to see you for anything. you don't want to lie to your customers, unless you plan on taking there money once and that's it. why stitch them up with just a deck, when you could do them a decent deal and they'll come back and buy speakers, then amps, then subs ect. as long as they don't find out it's a lie, tis all good.

The customer that returns seems to be the best way to build clientele. its not about the profit on the first transaction,you want them to return and only deal with you. also spread word of how happy they were with other potential customers.

I understand what you guys are saying here.

The thing is though is that my job is to sell products at a profit so that the business makes money. If I'm not doing that I don't keep my job.

If a customer comes in and wants 2 subs an amp and a wiring kit plus install I ask if they have a truck or ?. Usual response is a truck. I sell then an underseat box and 2 shallows and the amp that fits it best. If they don't have enough for it all I give them a discount on the least year model amp and on the wiring kit. The subs are already buy one get one free.

So yeah they pay a little more on the amp then they could have but I make up for it on the wiring a and they already got a sub for free. I ahead the discount across the purchase rather then a huge discount on one product.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I understand what you guys are saying here.

The thing is though is that my job is to sell products at a profit so that the business makes money. If I'm not doing that I don't keep my job.

If a customer comes in and wants 2 subs an amp and a wiring kit plus install I ask if they have a truck or ?. Usual response is a truck. I sell then an underseat box and 2 shallows and the amp that fits it best. If they don't have enough for it all I give them a discount on the least year model amp and on the wiring kit. The subs are already buy one get one free.

So yeah they pay a little more on the amp then they could have but I make up for it on the wiring a and they already got a sub for free. I ahead the discount across the purchase rather then a huge discount on one product.

Not a knock against you, because it isn't your fault, but this is another reason brick and mortar stores are struggling to compete with online retailers.

you should never advertise the lowest you can sell an item for, your profit margin should be set and you should have a decent amount on each product/item to play with or discount down too and still make your profit margin (that the customer doesn't know about). your job is to make the company you work for money and to not loose money. when a customer buys a whole system certain products have a bigger profit margin than others so you can usually give them a better dean than if they were to buy everything one at a time.

ohhh and always up-sell, I find it's best to find out the budget they would like to spend or that they can afford and suggest to them the best system for that amount. take every penny you can and always try get them to buy a bit extra and put it on layby or something

people in ak seem to be old school idk about wasilla , but being straight with customer might help. Never know who has money had a friend that had cash to buy a new ford truck and salesman goes "you sure you can afford this son" he bought a chevy.

If the 50% off sale would cause your company to lose money on the sale then they shouldn't even have the sale.

You still should not be cheating customers man that's bad business.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Also think about it the people you hook up with an awesome deal are going to Remember that and come back to see you.

I have a friend that does car audio sales and he is 100% honest and not only does he have a huge repeat customer base they have also followed him when he went to a new company.

If I worked at a company that was encouraging me to lie to make higher profit sales I'd quit.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived