Jump to content

Which ohm should I get?


BassMunky

Recommended Posts

Posted

gonna get the rf pro audio mids the 6.5 and wanted to know which one i should get either the 4 or the 8 ohm? run off a sundown 100.4 amp one on each channel like the rf pro on channel 3 and 4 , 1 and 2 is the tweeter thanks.

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Posted

I would go with 4ohm

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

I'd go 4ohm as well.. I own a pair if these and they get loud. They seem well built, and I haven't had a problem with them.

I think I've had them for about a year.

Posted

Do you understand ohms law...that would be a starter..if you are talking about two drivers you would run 4 ohm speakers on that amp most likely....or run (2) drivers parallel or in series...

ohms law first. Basic Car Audio Eletronics is a good site.

Posted

Old school Ecipse 32440, it packs a punch rated at 85watts per channel at 4 ohm and 120 at 2 ohm. But if I was going new?

I really like the new DC 90x4k amp, and the RF punch or power 4 channel amps. What tweets do you have, and what crossover are you going to use?

Posted

i feel like i am missing something here...what reason would you NOT get the 4 ohm?

Only reason I can think of would be if someone was running multiple sets in each door and wanted to just run them all in parallel. Or maybe using a set in their home powered by a home theater receiver?

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 962 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...