Sundown Audio

Recommended Mids/Highs Amplifier

jazzie366

Well, my Pioneer that's rated 150W @ 4 ohms isn't powerful enough. Bass overtakes the mids at any volume. Bass amp doesn't even get hot either, if anything I can turn it way the hell up.

Had the bass higher before, still didn't even get warm.

But yeah, I don't know what to use and I know JL Audio makes a 500W two channel amp for this kind of application, but I'm a poor little schoolboy so I can't afford it.

In my beginning post, I found a Hifonics amp that's rated 500W max, but only 160RMS.

If your running all your amps at 4 ohm, since your so infatuated with the 4 ohm rating i assume you must be, then of course they're never going to get hot, they're most likely designed to run stereo 2 ohm loads, like i said before the gain IS NOT A VOLUME NOB, turning it up is only going to increase the amount of clipping the amp produces, it still cant create power so it has limitations that it cannot pass in terms of output voltage, your just getting closer to a square sine wave, therefore just working the speakers more, not the amplifier. If your pioneer is a 4-channel, maybe try bridging it and running your speakers in parallel so youll get "more power", and still be at a 4 ohm load if possible.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

You are describing a T15k

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/t15kw

Good luck

It doesn't have enough capacitors.

T15kW_3_l.jpg

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Lmfao haters what are we hating on your lack of knowledge? People actually telling you what your doing wrong and you still ignoring it

Or the fact that anybody that knows anything about audio knows your talking out your ass while asking advice at the same time acting like you know it all

Here is an idea you won't do but will take you far on this forum

Admit you have no clue what your doing and humbly ask what could be wrong with your system cause you have problems and an amp ain't one of them

Then when someone with a lot more knowledge gives you some good info don't try to act like you know what your are talking about and tell them there wrong because of some caps and transistors oh and some bs cea-2006 certification

Then you will get tons of help

Unfortunately your ego (I have no idea why you have one) will prevent you from doing this and we are just a bunch of haters

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I can't stand this thread anymore and won't allow it to continue anymore.

I'm locking this down like Guantanamo Bay.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived