cj_parks16 Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 Im looking to build a ported enclosure. What design softwares do u guys recommend or have worked best for u?
Skullz Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 Pen and paper. Guess i'm old school. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 I use WinISD, Hornresp, SketchUp, and Excell for most of the work. It depends on what you are trying to do and how much effort you want to put into it. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 Regardless of what you use OP the software is only a tool for calculations, you have to know what you want/need to do in the end, if you don't software is not going to help.
rockFord_Expedition Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 I use WinISD, Hornresp, SketchUp, and Excell for most of the work. It depends on what you are trying to do and how much effort you want to put into it. What do you use excel for in this application? Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
mothra Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 BassBoxPro6. if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
snyderd758 Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 a combo of subwoofer design tool box and torres box calculator.
Noel989 Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 I use WinISD, Hornresp, SketchUp, and Excell for most of the work. It depends on what you are trying to do and how much effort you want to put into it.What do you use excel for in this application? I was going to ask the same question to Never heard someone use that Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 What do you use excel for in this application? I was going to ask the same question to Never heard someone use that I have a bunch of different box design related formulas put into a spreadsheet. Formulas for port area, a couple different ones for port tuning, one for port aspect ratio efficiency, several for determining box size based on sub, port, bracing, and net volume displacements, all kinds of stuff. I probably love spreadsheets more than any person should. As it is right now my box design spreadsheet has seven different tabs full of different info. I guess I'm just an information whore. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.