Sundown Audio

Tezla amps - Anyone heard of them?

neonhomer

Just recently got around to getting a sub in my 99 Passat. I picked up a Sundown X-12 and box, and a Tezla TZ-1500.1D. It's being fed with 4ga from the battery up front. (I'm in the process of adding a second battery to the trunk. In the meantime, I have the gain set on the amp to where the voltage doesn't fall below 12v when the bass hits.)

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of Tezla, and if anyone has any experience with them. A friend of mine, who has a DD Redline series 15 and a SSL 4000D is telling me that his amp was the better choice ... "I paid less than you did for you amp, and mine's a 4000, while yours is only a 1500." I did notice the SSL has three 35A fuses, so I figure that to be around 1050w.

What's strange is the Tezla DOES NOT have fuses in the amp itself, but requires a 150A fuse be installed in the line feeding the amp.

Of course our objectives are different... He wanted a system "that could interrupt your heatbeat". I just wanted a system to drown out the world around me.

Any company that offers an extended warranty for using their amp kit can kma.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Just recently got around to getting a sub in my 99 Passat. I picked up a Sundown X-12 and box, and a Tezla TZ-1500.1D. It's being fed with 4ga from the battery up front. (I'm in the process of adding a second battery to the trunk. In the meantime, I have the gain set on the amp to where the voltage doesn't fall below 12v when the bass hits.)

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of Tezla, and if anyone has any experience with them. A friend of mine, who has a DD Redline series 15 and a SSL 4000D is telling me that his amp was the better choice ... "I paid less than you did for you amp, and mine's a 4000, while yours is only a 1500." I did notice the SSL has three 35A fuses, so I figure that to be around 1050w.

What's strange is the Tezla DOES NOT have fuses in the amp itself, but requires a 150A fuse be installed in the line feeding the amp.

Of course our objectives are different... He wanted a system "that could interrupt your heatbeat". I just wanted a system to drown out the world around me.

Rockford amps don't have fuses in the amp itself, and they do fine

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

That what I was having an issue with as well... No fuses in the amp.

For the most part, the thing sounds good, and it gets loud enough to do what I wanted it to do... drown out the world around me. If it dies, then I will replace it.

One thing that bothers me as well is the shop is not really pushing, but recommending the Tezla TZ-120.4D for my door speakers, which are DB Drive P3M 6C 's... With that amp not having fuses, I'm not sure what to do... As it is I am on a budget and don't want to throw money into an amp that is going to vaporize itself within months.

Any company that offers an extended warranty for using their amp kit can kma.

Rockford does that.

I believe Memphis, kicker and jl do as well.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Never heard of tezla but that ssl amp is pure garbage I doubt it puts out 500 watts.

My friend has one he bought brand new at a flea market for like $100.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

That what I was having an issue with as well... No fuses in the amp.

For the most part, the thing sounds good, and it gets loud enough to do what I wanted it to do... drown out the world around me. If it dies, then I will replace it.

One thing that bothers me as well is the shop is not really pushing, but recommending the Tezla TZ-120.4D for my door speakers, which are DB Drive P3M 6C 's... With that amp not having fuses, I'm not sure what to do... As it is I am on a budget and don't want to throw money into an amp that is going to vaporize itself within months.

look at the bottom of where I quoted you the last time, I wasn't complaining about the amp not having fuses. My RF Power series amps don't have fuses and I have them for a couple years..

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter