Mid range questions

Cj Kumz

The cap is protection for any garbage that may get through and plenty of people run them on active setups.

People that do that don't know what the benifits or running active are and are ruining one benifit by using the caps. No "garbage" get's trough if it's set up properly. Unless the equipment is faulty.

blablabla
Thanks for that input. Do you recommend having both mid-bass and mids or should mids on there own be able to handle the range.

A 2 way will be a good start.

So just a tweeter and midrange/midbass.

I'd recommend a active 2 way, so you'll need a headunit with crossovers or amps. A processor would be even better but that obviously costs more.

Read up on how to properly install/aim, sound deaden the doors and you will be amazed by how much you can achieve.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

The cap used is well below your crossover setting so it has absolutely no impact on your active settings but whatever.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The cap used is well below your crossover setting so it has absolutely no impact on your active settings but whatever.

When you add a passive protection device into the active network, that portion of the active setup is now passive.

Mainly because that active setup now has limited capabilities ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

When you add a passive protection device into the active network, that portion of the active setup is now passive.

How so?

I'm talking around 1 octave below your crossover setting to protect from any accidental's or any possible DC offset.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Didnt say anything was wrong with it, just stating the fact that its not "fully active". Its passively protected.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

How so?

I'm talking around 1 octave below your crossover setting to protect from any accidental's or any possible DC offset.

protecting from DC offset? For how long? Untill the cap is full and then it let's it all through...

What accidental's?

And the cap is changing the frequency response/roll off.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Ok so I went on and ordered an amp with good xover points. Thanks for educating me active and passive xovers. Next issue at hand is components vs coaxials. Which one do most people prefer and why?? Also I case I get a component set of a midrange and tweeter will I still need to run them through the passive xover they come with (assuming I have properly set my HU and amp xover points)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived