Military advise needed please

i know that there have to be a few personel on this forum and im needing help with w few things

my story is that im a firefighter/emt at this point in time and since ive been out of high school have thought about join in some military branch just as reserve not active and im just wanting to do more for my country and my community

i am wanting to join the air national guard here in wv and possibly move into a fire position if at possible

my question is i know that i need to be down at 191 to enlist and then i have to take the asvab which i will be scheduling soon

im currently at 255 in weigh what is the fastest way to lose the weight so that i can further pursue this goal that i have wanted for most of my adult life

and also would like to personally thank any veterans on this forum and all around the world for keeping my family free and safe

I could never meet the weight requirement for the Army, but they allow a BF% test for guys with big builds like me. Not sure if the Air Force has the same deal. It took me about 8 months to get down to an acceptable level.

-I would wake up at 6am every day, even weekends, drink a cup of black coffee, and go for a 2 mile run. Get back and do a set of pushups and situps.

-Then I would eat a bowl of oatmeal, 3 whole eggs, and sausage or bacon.

-3 hours later, a can of tuna with onion, peppers, and celery chopped up in it with a few whole grain(expensive ones LOL) crackers.

-1 hour later, weight train, moderate weight for 12-15 reps, trying to save mass while on low calories. On alternate days, i'd go for a 5 mile mountain bike ride. Protein shake and banana right after either one.

-Dinner was at 6:30 every day, i'd just have a reasonable portion of whatever Mom made. Id have a handful of nuts and/or a fruit if I got hungry before then.

-9 or 9:30 I would have another protein shake with some sort of berries for the fiber.

-In bed at 10.

I was lucky though, my folks let me stay with them while I was getting ready for basic training, I also worked about 20 hours a week at Autozone, but would always have my shakes, fruit, or tuna with me, depending on shift.

Don't rush the weight loss in an unhealthy way. You have to stay strong for training when you get there. Good luck to you.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I could never meet the weight requirement for the Army, but they allow a BF% test for guys with big builds like me. Not sure if the Air Force has the same deal. It took me about 8 months to get down to an acceptable level.

-I would wake up at 6am every day, even weekends, drink a cup of black coffee, and go for a 2 mile run. Get back and do a set of pushups and situps.

-Then I would eat a bowl of oatmeal, 3 whole eggs, and sausage or bacon.

-3 hours later, a can of tuna with onion, peppers, and celery chopped up in it with a few whole grain(expensive ones LOL) crackers.

-1 hour later, weight train, moderate weight for 12-15 reps, trying to save mass while on low calories. On alternate days, i'd go for a 5 mile mountain bike ride. Protein shake and banana right after either one.

-Dinner was at 6:30 every day, i'd just have a reasonable portion of whatever Mom made. Id have a handful of nuts and/or a fruit if I got hungry before then.

-9 or 9:30 I would have another protein shake with some sort of berries for the fiber.

-In bed at 10.

I was lucky though, my folks let me stay with them while I was getting ready for basic training, I also worked about 20 hours a week at Autozone, but would always have my shakes, fruit, or tuna with me, depending on shift.

Don't rush the weight loss in an unhealthy way. You have to stay strong for training when you get there. Good luck to you.

thanks you sir was actually about to head out for a walk......knees wont take the extra weight on a run right now

but i have been eating healthier right now already down 14 pounds just need to lose another 64

thank you for the advise

dedication brother....but guard and reserve are two totally different things....find your local recruiter's office and talk to them, depending on which service you want to join...but the job you get will be based on what you score on your ASVAB and what jobs need people...i'm still active Air Force and man things have changed alot...if they offered me a retirement option right now, I would hit that retire button ASAP...but visit their pages alot of info on there...good luck bro

http://www.goang.com/Life

http://afreserve.com/how-to-join

Drink a mug of hot water with lemon first thing in the morning. Helps boost metabolism. I don't drink coffee so idk if it does that for some people but the hot lemon water is great. If you are 255 probably half a lemon would be fine squeezing into the mug. No lemon juice as that usually has added sugar.

Don't forget to exercise too.

dedication brother....but guard and reserve are two totally different things....find your local recruiter's office and talk to them, depending on which service you want to join...but the job you get will be based on what you score on your ASVAB and what jobs need people...i'm still active Air Force and man things have changed alot...if they offered me a retirement option right now, I would hit that retire button ASAP...but visit their pages alot of info on there...good luck bro

http://www.goang.com/Life

http://afreserve.com/how-to-join

Drink a mug of hot water with lemon first thing in the morning. Helps boost metabolism. I don't drink coffee so idk if it does that for some people but the hot lemon water is great. If you are 255 probably half a lemon would be fine squeezing into the mug. No lemon juice as that usually has added sugar.

thanks guys i really do appriciate the help yall are giving me kinda doing this on my own i have cousins and air guard is the only branch not covered by our family so i thought it should be the one that i get into

I hate to give conflicting advice, but I currently drink 16oz of ice water right when I wake up every morning, then shower, then have breakfast.

Another option is green tea. A couple cups a day (breakfast and lunch) should help.

EDIT: After looking at some of the latest research, temperature doesn't really matter, as long as you drink water period. Warm or cold, its your preference. I do find cold water more refreshing personally.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

When I was conditioning myself for Navy boot, I just went out and ran after work every day till I was covered in sweat. You get tired or winded, slow down but keep your body moving and push yourself hard. I lost thirty pounds in two months doing that (175 to 145). Eat healthy and exercise is the key. That was 2013. And I hadn't really been active for a few years until then since I hadn't been in school doing sports anymore.

Ok this may sound too simple but for the next couple of months drink ONLY water. Soft drinks, iced tea, anything not water is going to have too much sugar. Bike, sweat, walk, drink, repeat. This alone will not get you to your target weight but it will help. Diets will not help, changing your diet can help suplement the loss.

Archived