Second Skin Audio

"Half Wall"....yeah I said it.....

magillaru

So, I'm planning on making some beauty panels for the side of the box but I was thinking about making an attempt to seal off the entire space from the top of the box down on both sides to prevent any air moving backwards except above the box......just wondering if this would even be worth doing and if it would make much of a difference.

The idea is basically to have a "half wall" (if that's even a thing lol) and decrease the cabin space as much as possible.

Any input?

*If this doesn't make sense, I can try to explain better but here's a picture of the side of the box.

14053B3D-50B9-4158-ABD7-DEAD9800B82E_zps

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

No, half-wall is not "such a thing".

Why waste your time with the sides, unless its only for looks.

lol yeah, I know.

A lot of time and effort for little to nothing gained unless it is for cosmetics only.

Ok, that's what I was wondering.....I'm still going to make some panels just to make it look nice.....hide wiring and all that.

I sealed up the rear vents and noticed a big difference in pressure up front.....was actually really surprised how much air flow I was losing out of those damn things. So then I started thinking if minimizing even more space in the cabin would change anything.

Thanks fellas!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

In your situation Id rather have subs and port pointing to the roof than facing forward for cancellation reasons

but that is just me

I'm probably gonna build a new enclosure this summer with more port area so I'll have to figure out what might work better (subs and port up, subs forward and port up....etc.)

OR if I end up getting another vehicle for my daily which is a high possibility, a wall with more subs and power would be nice.....OR.....make the truck my daily and get an SUV to get a little louder. I'm curious to see what this setup will do on the meter......after everything I've heard about F150s, I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

It seems that you want a wall, build one.

Hahaha I do.

Only if I get another vehicle......really don't want to have a walled truck for my daily.....although, I guess it wouldn't be that bad lol

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Archived