Pro audio or components

LsChevy

P/As sound like ass....

Unless you are going to spend a shit ton of time and money(installation, processors,..) on PA equipment, you're better off with components.

Even though some PA equipment can sound better then most components while being a lot louder.

anyone willing to spend that much on processors and installation to get P/As to sound decent is not going to have 3 18's and would just buy some quality components that would shit on any P/A speaker

I strongly disagree on the second part, if you want to had something that is very loud with good staging/imaging and sound amazing pro audio drivers are the way to go.

If matched properly you won't need a lot of processing, just a simple 7 band parametric EQ will be enough.

A horn mated to a (ported) 8 inch woofer will be louder and sound better then 2-3 components with double the power and less processing power.

I've never even seen "quality" components that couldn't be matched by raw drivers for less then half the price.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

P/As sound like ass....

Unless you are going to spend a shit ton of time and money(installation, processors,..) on PA equipment, you're better off with components.

Even though some PA equipment can sound better then most components while being a lot louder.

anyone willing to spend that much on processors and installation to get P/As to sound decent is not going to have 3 18's and would just buy some quality components that would shit on any P/A speaker

I strongly disagree on the second part, if you want to had something that is very loud with good staging/imaging and sound amazing pro audio drivers are the way to go.

If matched properly you won't need a lot of processing, just a simple 7 band parametric EQ will be enough.

A horn mated to a (ported) 8 inch woofer will be louder and sound better then 2-3 components with double the power and less processing power.

I've never even seen "quality" components that couldn't be matched by raw drivers for less then half the price.

if they were that good why is not a single P/A used anywhere in SQ i have seen it attemped a few times with lack luster results

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Components take no thought in tuning them, as the work has been done for you.

PA can take years of learning and playing with many types of speakers to learn what sounds best in a given application.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

PA can take years of learning and playing with many types of speakers to learn what sounds best in a given application.

I disagree. Components still take "thought". I'm running active

Kirill007 i know you are a very knowledgeable person that from what i gather knows more then me in a lot of audio areas and i am not going to argue with you.

the only way to change my mind is to hear a car set up with P/A speakers that blows my mind........20 years of audio and it has yet to happen

i have been blown away by quality components i use to SQ judge a few SQ world champs no P/A speakers to be found

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I disagree. Components still take "thought". I'm running active

I guess i should have said with passive crossovers.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Kirill007 i know you are a very knowledgeable person that from what i gather knows more then me in a lot of audio areas and i am not going to argue with you.

the only way to change my mind is to hear a car set up with P/A speakers that blows my mind........20 years of audio and it has yet to happen

i have been blown away by quality components i use to SQ judge a few SQ world champs no P/A speakers to be found

http://www.usdaudio.com/sw/cars/acura/

http://www.usdaudio.com/sw/cars/acura/

http://www.usdaudio.com/sw/cars/buick

Archived