Sundown Audio

2 toasted rockford amps.. wtf...

mhuffman

If you have 6 gauge wiring what size of fuse are you using? This amp needs a 140 amp fuse. I'm thinking a 6 gauge wiring kit has just an inline 60 amp fuse?

do not tell him this please. chances are he will put a bigger fuse and burn his car down.. thats why i suggested the wire to be 4 gauge and not the rating on the fuse. putting a bigger fuse will not solve his issue. it will make it worse

If you have 6 gauge wiring what size of fuse are you using? This amp needs a 140 amp fuse. I'm thinking a 6 gauge wiring kit has just an inline 60 amp fuse?

What makes it "need" a 140 amp fuse?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

What makes it "need" a 140 amp fuse?

exactly. and the fact that it does it without a load on the amp proofs the fuse is not the issue.. he probably burnt the amp for insufficient voltage and wiring it lower than rated

We still need pics so we know what the actual model is

i was at work late. sorry. and I know a little more than it may seem im just don't know a shit load about amps, excuse me for my ignorance.. smh.. and please tell me where it specifies a 140 fuse? as stated above if its popping the with NO load putting a larger fuse in it will not do anything.. I used the wire I had on hand and I haven't had time to get more and re wire I work full time and im a full time college student and time is scarce, but it will be done before I get new amps in there or this one repaired and put in. a guy I was recommended to thinks its a 6amp diode and he is going to test it today.

Archived