Second Skin Audio

Dual 1.5ohm Fi Bl 12 with TI basket Box Build help!

Hey OP, just some constructive criticism, so take it as an offering of help and don't get all butt hurt.

This is a car audio forum, not 911, there is no emergency; no reason to bump your thread more than once in a day. I am not sure if you have read the forum rules but you will have a much better experience here if you find them and read. Again, just offering help so that you can get what you are looking for rather than getting your thread locked.

Good luck.

Thanks and I aint gonna get butt hurt like some ppl would. Any help or criticism from this site will help me even if it has nothing to do with my thread. Just have not had any luck with some help with a design since I purchased this sub and wanted to have the box done already since I will have the sub tomorrow afternoon.Its just frustrating when you see many other box design help threads being answered with designs and yours is just getting looked over. I appreciate it tho and will read the forum rules. Im new so maybe thats the problem then.

Well I would do that but unable to download the calcuator since Im on a tablet and not an actual computer. It fails everytime I try to download it. Thats why I asked if there was someone willing to do it for me. I forgot to put that into the original post my bad.

Max space available in my 2000 Ford Taurus trunk.

Height: 14 in

Width: 34 in

Depth: 36 in

Im assuming these numbers are the actual physical trunk size.

I have built a box for the same body style already (im sure a different year though) but regardless the trunk has a very narrow and shallow opening.

Getting a box in the trunk with the measurements you have listed will most likely not happen.

You maybe can get it to fit in through the rear seat opening if you remove the bottom rear seat so the folding seats can lay flat as possible or you may have to pull the back rest part of the rear seat out as well.

Then the only thing you are worried about is having enough clearance between the trunk floor and the piece of metal that comes down from the rear deck.

My best advice before you build a box and go through possibly wasting a bunch of time and materials building it is to find a bunch of cardboard cut it and tape it together making a test box to your max dimensions prior to building the actual box.

Archived