Fuse Holders

That's not true. You wasn't around when I installed my shit so to assume you know what happened is dumb. I've had it where too much wire was exposed and a little wire was exposed. I had this happen to me earlier today on a distrobution block I have for my grounds. Guess what, I cut some of the exposed wire and left the sheeting alone and got a better grip. So far it's really tight and hard to pull it out. Nice write up though.

I never said "I knew what happened" re-read that. I said IMO. I'VE never heard or seen it happen. Not saying your lying, I just can't understand the logic of how its happening. No need to get all bent out of shape about it.

So how would you know it's user error if you don't know all the particulars?

Well. Let me see. You obviously had no success the first time and you finally got it to work. Looks like user error to me.

Not the way you suggested. Actually the exact opposite way. Also never said it slipped out, I just got a better connection doing it the other way. I never said anything bad about the holders, user error or not I never had a ring terminal slip out and IMO one time of a wire slipping out is enough to make me go another direction.

You are right, one time slip out would lead me away from them also. I have all SS holders. I'll be double checking them now. Obviously, Ring terminals cant slip out. But in the same thought. the amps, distro blocks even the milled buss bars are SS type. To me its like when someone says, Oh this is bad, dont use it no more, and leaves. Im then there like wtf? I like to know why they are bad or what happened. That way we could possibly find a way to prevent it. As far as the wire pushing out, only time I came close to that was when the wire was cut too short. anyways. not going to argue over this. its silly.

I've always used bolt terminals but this time I decided to use the set screws.....thought I would save some time crimping and money for lugs......well, never again ONLY because they are the biggest pain in the ass especially in those tight places......I gave a good tug (*giggity) on each one and am confident they are secure but trying to fit that allen wrench in those tight spots.....I would've spent way more money than it would've cost to avoid that.

I may still put in the terminal bolt holders down the road but for now, they're good.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Good to know.. I mean, I don't use any fuses just thought I'd ask to see what every one prefers.

Dirty engine bay is dirty. Hasn't been washed in months, and car sits now. But, #TeamNoFuses #riskylife101

83543C49-96EC-43F6-937B-B92D95878830.jpg

I really hate to be rude..... but that's just stupid. I'm struggling not to use derogatory terms here. Shit happens sometimes man. And you're one small shit from possibly having your whole damn vehicle go up in flames. All because you didn't want to spend the 60 bucks on fuses? And is that spade connectors and crimp caps in your 1/4 panel??

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Mini or full size ANL is the only way to go. Even for those with lesser amperage, the AGU fuses are complete crap. They may work for a year, they may work for a week. All of a sudden, your amp won't power up and you're metering 2V at the amp. Fuse looks fine, but you're seeing 12V and 2V out. The fuse is shit. I used to get a couple customers a month rolling into my shop with this problem. Since all the major manufacturers have switched to include mini-ANL in their amp kits, I'm seeing it less and less.

As for fuse holder? Meh. You know quality when you feel it. Make a thick plastic that won't turn brittle in a week and I'm happy.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Another little trick, if you wrap some electrical tape around the ends of the wire and fuse block. Kind of a fail safe for the wire slipping out. Wont help for overheat though lol

This conversation is still going? Either will work fine, neither are fail safe. Checking on your connections regularly, whether they are with a set screw or a lug, is necessary in any build. If you have a crazy superstition about one or the other, it's just that:preference and personal opinion.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived