That "I did something stupid" thread

you felt like a real dumb ass. Well I have had one of those moments and I will start this thread out with sharing my dumb ass moment.

So I started working on my truck just running the power and ground wire to that back. Got new power distribution block's for the power and ground terminals. So after I get everything hooked up I go in for the night.

The next day I am on my way to work and about 3 miles from my house and my charging system light comes on but my factory voltage gauge on the dash is reading normal range. The truck is running good so I continue to work and drive home with no problems other then the charging system light is on. So I pull the multimeter out and test the voltage at the battery and it is reading 12.00 and I am thinking "WTF". I charge the battery up and call it a night.

Fast forward to today I pulled the Alternator off and take it to Autozone and have it tested and they said it was fine. I am thinking "WTF" so I go home put it back on and drive the truck over to autozone and have them test the battery. Battery test fine once again I am thing "WTF"

So I get home thinking well can it be the new distribution block's? So I am taking them off when I notice a wire that I forgot to hook up. Low and behold it is the damn alternator wire to the battery It was a small wire but still no excuse. Immediately I call myself a dumbass several times as I am hooking the alternator wire back up.

After everything is all hooked up I test the voltage and it is over 14 volts. So I spent hours of work over nothing but thankfully it did not cost me any money only time.

Now share your dumb ass moment :)

Wiring amps at night, and switch power and ground....

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Well, if there was a dumbass bench, I'd have to sit next to you. lol.

My most recent near screw up was finding out with a monster shell, you need a new style bearing and front carrier input drum assembly for it to work right. (updated design)

Well after replacing these parts I noticed the clearance was really tight, almost non-existent. I take the pump off the transmission to check on the thickness of the

input spacer #70. I remove the bearing and measure the washer. Thinking I need a #69,#68,#67 washer to make up the difference of the new parts I put in. Turns out, there is not that much difference in clearance issues with this new design. I screwed up!

I present to you the input shaft bearing. It has a shiny side.

bigmistake%20001_zpsliu2eetl.jpg

It has a dark side. Hiram "Install the bearing onto the input shaft shiny side down".

bigmistake%20002_zpsges54iav.jpg

I could have swore I did that. Something told me to "look again, it has to be a height thing causing this clearance issue".

This is how I found the bearing.....

bigmistake%20003_zpsikesnq5z.jpg

F**k me! lol.

Yeah, once I flipped it, the clearance was now 0.026" from the 0.029" I had with missing monster shell bearing and input drum!

That would have totally sucked for me to put this transmission together WRONG.

So Hotdog, scoot over!

-Frank

-Frank

scratched the shit out of a plastic interior panel with a dremel

I should have been cutting from the back not the front of the piece

went to the junkyard and bought another one

got home and did the exact same thing again

went to the junkyard for another. lols

Pulling my door panels for the 1st time, get all the screws and bolts out go to pull top panel off and break a piece off. Get pissed, go to putting everything back together when i see 3 big ass bolts hidden under the panel <_< . Thanks alot ford

Many, many, many moons ago-

A beardless me, starting a fire in a brush pile with gas. WITH GAS. ...start with a cap full, light it- it burns out. Get two cap fulls, light, they go out. Get the gas jug (that has been a safe distance away up until this point), throw gas at the brush pile, hold wide mouth gas jug as far away from fire as possible with left hand, spark teh lighter with the right.

KUH-WOOPH!!!

Biggest fire ever. But ah ha! Brush pile is lit! ...and to my dismay, so is the wide mouth gas jug that is IN MY LEFT HAND... just lipping flame. Me = fall over myself and run to the right (in a puddle of tears and maybe fear pee), Le Jug = Throw to the left (in a stream of fire).

Never again.

MORON.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Many, many, many moons ago-

A beardless me, starting a fire in a brush pile with gas. WITH GAS. ...start with a cap full, light it- it burns out. Get two cap fulls, light, they go out. Get the gas jug (that has been a safe distance away up until this point), throw gas at the brush pile, hold wide mouth gas jug as far away from fire as possible with left hand, spark teh lighter with the right.

KUH-WOOPH!!!

Biggest fire ever. But ah ha! Brush pile is lit! ...and to my dismay, so is the wide mouth gas jug that is IN MY LEFT HAND... just lipping flame. Me = fall over myself and run to the right (in a puddle of tears and maybe fear pee), Le Jug = Throw to the left (in a stream of fire).

Never again.

MORON.

lmfaooooo

throwwww ittt!!!

Years ago I was walking out to leave for work after a night of partying well I left the lights on and the battery was dead in my car (90 probe gt).

Went Inside grabbed my jump box and in my still messed up from the previous night stupor I put the cables on backwards turned the jump box on, sparks flew everywhere I hurry to disconnect it and see what's wrong and the clamps are now fused to the terminals on the batt, and it also blew quite a few fuses in the main fuse box.

so not only did I miss a day of work I wrecked a $100 battery and a $150 battery charger/jump box and spent like 45 minutes taking out the fuse box to replace the main fuse and replacing the battery terminals.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I like this gas one better.

My idiot moment was last Friday.

Redoing my power and grounds, like 1am Friday night, I have all 3 positive wires off the alt and I'm cleaning them. Not thinking about the fact that they're still connected to the battery, some fused. Yep, let one drop, hit the top of the engine and CRACK, few sparks fly, I pee'd a little, and got the wire off.

Also, got some board cut up by a Lowes retard, I mean employee, first one is tight but I keep stuffing to get it in the car. Don't realize til after that I scratched the shit out of a couple of the trim pieces.

Archived