Thanks guys. I'm working on it. Trying to paint the enclosure first, then the rack. It's not the best thing since sliced bread, but at least I made it. I'm happy

Edited by reedal

Alright, so I decided to go with green for the port and amp risers

E872A4FF-B0DA-4581-AA36-B00708419CDE_zps

but after painting the port, I decided that it's too damn cold for painting on my patio right now, and I'm going to wait until spring, and I'll just bump in my plain color for now. Plans are either black paint, or maybe a carbon fiber wrap. We'll see.

Here is what the back side of it all will look like (minus some amps and color ;) )

7D914B3E-74BF-4BB3-BDF9-8421E25F7535_zps

This shows how much distance between the port and the hatch door (8.75 inches)

34B4D386-37CC-4C84-8009-DCE9B7E81622_zps

And lastly, I decided to use the threaded inserts and some threaded rod in between the subwoofers for terminal posts. A positive and negative for each sub

D9F153F6-B8D3-48BB-9FAF-CEE3622ADF70_zps

Edited by reedal
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Put it in, got it playing, accidentally wired to .5ohm like an idiot and very quickly fixed it. Neither the amp nor subs liked it. I had almost no output with gain all the way down until about 58/62 and then they would jump hard. Fixed that quick, back at 2ohm, and even with gain all the way down its louder to the ear and moves more air than the old prefab did. Tomorrow after work I'll set the gains and we'll see what she really does. I'm so excited.

Edit: not sure when I'll get videos in. I'll take a couple pictures of how it all looks inside the Tahoe too. It definitely needs paint or something to help pretty it up a bit. That'll come spring time, along with redoing my doors and A-pillars.

Edited by reedal
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

That's awesome you got it playing, you will have to let us know how it sounds when you get it all dialed in!

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

That's awesome you got it playing, you will have to let us know how it sounds when you get it all dialed in!

Definitely. I'm going to find a clean frequency sweep to test out the range. Thanks again for all the help

Here's a few videos from a little riding around tonight. Sound quality of my iPhone mic isn't the best, not that any phone recording allows for judgement in sound (let alone the losses it gets from being processed onto YouTube). But the new enclosure is louder, lower, makes me feel the pressure in my ears, and puts a shit-eatin-grin on my face B)

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Have today off so I went and picked up the thinnest weather stripping I could (~1/4 inch) and laid it around the bottom plate of the amp

711C9BD0-5DEE-44D6-A84B-1DBA7DB036C8_zps

5F8C5655-5A2C-4C51-89C2-55213F48CBB2_zps

And voila, I can't hear it rattling anymore. Still a lot of other rattles though from panels and things, so we'll take care of that one step at a time

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

i used loctite on my amp screws, and a little painters tape to cover them, works great. i wish they would come with longer screws, your way looks effective also. happy you got it playing, and liking it.

Edited by moredbs

i used loctite on my amp screws, and a little painters tape to cover them, works great. i wish they would come with longer screws, your way looks effective also. happy you got it playing, and liking it.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I don't believe just messing with the screws would have helped me, because before I did the weather stripping I tried to tighten the screws and they were as tight as could be, but the edges of the cover were still rattling just from the lightest tapping of my finger tips. So weather stripping was next, and works great. I believe I will also lay it there on the other three amps.