Sundown Audio

My test: Banda ICE 4000

TaylorFade

Please don't smoke all my damn testing tools are sitting on top your ass haha...

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Dub, I know you love your banda but Im still not sold on them yet and when they say just bypass the fuses my butt hole puckers.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I heard dubs and walwakas brazillian amps and Ill be honest they dug real low & real loud

sounded very clean but those guys have good electrical and I never saw them dip into the 12s

who knows what would happen playing for 20minutes in 12v land

I was suprised how small walwakas taramps hd3000 is too, my skar 80.4 is bigger.

I understand. I just expect this amp to do whatever the 2 ohm rating is. So this insistence the 4000 is a 2k @ 2 ohm amp. Which is fine by me because I know for sure that my 2200 was not doing 2k @ 2ohm lol. It works in my situation because I don't plan on ever wiring below 1 ohm so that my rise would leave me around 1 ohm.

Gunnem, on your note about voltage, Hunter was at a show last night and had his 7k seeing 10s/11s all night. I thought that was pretty impressive.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Negative rise is a MYTH!

Also... I don't have any fancy frequency response graphs or anything, but a quick unloaded voltage check where the only thing that changed as the frequency revelaed that this amp does, indeed, have low frequency rolloff. So, that's NOT a myth.

50hz - 69v

40hz - 67v

30hz - 62.6v

25hz - 58.7v

20hz - 53.5v

I didn't measure over 50hz, but depending on where this rolloff started, it could be as much as a -3db ripple. As it is... that's ~ 1.5db between 50 and 20. Now 1.5dB might sound like much, but that's ~ 30% of your power just... gone.

Now this might not even be very noticeable since most people are tuned down there and impedance gets lower as you approach tuning. So the lower impedance would "make up" for the rolloff, but it's still noteworthy.

It also leads me to believe that perhaps Brazil is testing their amps at much higher frequencies than sub bass.

Gunnem, on your note about voltage, Hunter was at a show last night and had his 7k seeing 10s/11s all night. I thought that was pretty impressive.

I was by his car for the better part of the night.. and yea.. The 7k shocked me. It got quite a bit hot, but thats a lot of power in a small case. I shit you not, my 4ch completely dwarfs that 9k+ board.

With that being said, it put in WORK! Hunter did demo after demo, jumped on the meter for 20 mins testing, and went right back to demos. Id say he put the amp through its paces. Did the amp give a fuck? Lmfao, not at all. :clapping:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

interesting stuff, thanks guys. =)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I'd say once I give it something better than 10/11's for voltage, it'll cool off a bit.

As for the rolloff, I have the low subsonic edition. All amps made after October 2014 are Low Subsonic.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Archived