Sundown Audio

Rf Consumer Challenge

pauleqer

Ah, mine is an old one then! Pretty solid amp.

Ya Jacob I don't think I will ever get rid of the 2 that I have. I truly love them things.

But I want a set of 1500 watt amps that are 1 ohm stable and strapable at 2 ohm.

The new RF 1500s aren't strapable.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Ya Jacob I don't think I will ever get rid of the 2 that I have. I truly love them things.

But I want a set of 1500 watt amps that are 1 ohm stable and strapable at 2 ohm.

The new RF 1500s aren't strapable.

Indeed, I used to suggest the 1501bd (old model) to people all the time for a pair of SI Mags before I started up Sundown! Set up several systems this way with excellent results.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

what were the circumstances for the test. was it done on a bench or in a car? what was the charging system like? how did you achieve your load? what was the actual impedence?

Ive tested 2 3000s against my 2 t4000s and 2 1500s against a single t4k in my 96 ss. And the t400 was stronger in both instance on burps and in a bassrace type format.

300amp alt

5 svr 100 batts

1/2" copper bus bars for batts

2 runs of 1/0 + and -

2 DD9515g d1.4 wired @ .7ohm load ea

As previously stated sundown makes nice amps and jacob is a great guy; but you running around trying to hype them like the second coming of god and bashing RF is very old. But I should expect that from a fanboy like you. send some amps to test against the t4

My tests including all details have been posted here & I'm not wasting my time reposting everything because you can't figure out the search feature. We got different results and we'll leave it at that because I'll agree that this is getting real stale. I hype Sundown because they are a great product and IMO they are the best amp out right now because of efficiency (which is better than RF's), versatility (dropping below 1ohm for competitions which RF's won't do), and price (which is cheaper then RF's). If that makes me a Sundown "fanboy" then so be it. I'm as much of a Sundown fanboy as you are a Rockford fanboy.

Now I dare anyone to show me where I've ever bashed RF. I've never made a single comment bashing or dogging them in anyway. I've never made comments calling them trash, junk, or shitty. I own several RF products and will continue to use them where the application fits because they do make a quality rock solid product and you won't ever hear me state otherwise.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

My tests including all details have been posted here & I'm not wasting my time reposting everything because you can't figure out the search feature. We got different results and we'll leave it at that because I'll agree that this is getting real stale. I hype Sundown because they are a great product and IMO they are the best amp out right now because of efficiency (which is better than RF's), versatility (dropping below 1ohm for competitions which RF's won't do), and price (which is cheaper then RF's). If that makes me a Sundown "fanboy" then so be it. I'm as much of a Sundown fanboy as you are a Rockford fanboy.

Now I dare anyone to show me where I've ever bashed RF. I've never made a single comment bashing or dogging them in anyway. I've never made comments calling them trash, junk, or shitty. I own several RF products and will continue to use them where the application fits because they do make a quality rock solid product and you won't ever hear me state otherwise.

bla bla bla bla whatever nigga......you chimed in with your bullshit ass test post some proof/results.....

I find it funny that I run my RF's at .7ohm for daily and Ive burped them at .35 and .5ohms....thats well below the 1ohm rating that you claim they cant do...I guess Steves shit isnt being ran at .7ohms either :rolleyes:

you need to stop talking out of your ass, when you dont know what the fuck you are talking about homie......I figure you would have learned especially after your first case of oral diarrhea :unsure::rolleyes:

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

wrong

they are purposely under rated but not all t1000's produce 1500 wrms

ive seen most at around 1300

O so then buying a RF amp is like buying a box of chocolate, "you never know what your gonna get"

I would be very mad if i knew some one who bought say a t1000bd and got "1500" true rms out of it, then i buy one for thge same price and get "1250" out of it. That is BS. Either make an amp that can do 1500 on ever model or dont even make em at all.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Well I like both Rf and sundown and from what I read RF amps don't seem to last very long under 1 ohm....for burps yes but for daily from what I read which could be completely false (this is the internet ppl lie) that RF amps burn up for daily bump with impedances below 1 ohm....again this is what I have read.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

bla bla bla bla whatever nigga......you chimed in with your bullshit ass test post some proof/results.....

I find it funny that I run my RF's at .7ohm for daily and Ive burped them at .35 and .5ohms....thats well below the 1ohm rating that you claim they cant do...I guess Steves shit isnt being ran at .7ohms either :rolleyes:

you need to stop talking out of your ass, when you dont know what the fuck you are talking about homie......I figure you would have learned especially after your first case of oral diarrhea :unsure::rolleyes:

and lets keep this mature and not a flamefest.

My YouTube Videos

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

and one more thing lets not base these results on which can put out more wattage, rockford underrates them to an extreme, rather lets do it by efficiency for more comparable results among similar models not total output.

My YouTube Videos

the way i see it, you have an amp that is 1000w and can do 1500 (on a good day) when pushed to its limits.

you put that against an amp that can easily do the 1500 with ease because its a 1500 watt amp......of course its going to reach 1500 more efficiently. So you have a 1000w amp that might do 1500 vs a 1500w amp that might do 1800.....of course the BIGGER amp is going to not sweat making the 1500 while the smaller one is givin it everything it has to reach the same power. DUHH its a 1000w amp.

also, dont give me that crap about RF amps not lasting long at 1ohm, thats BS, ive been slamming the HELL out of mine for over a year and a half at .7 each with no problem. The navigator i built with the T3000 on 2 dual 2 RE MT 12's is sitting at .5 and has since day one. No problem. JUST LIKE THE SUNDOWN you can run lower impedence but the manufacturer doesnt really want you to. Am i wrong or does sundown ENDORSE running at .5?

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Archived