Awaiting_Equinox Posted May 7, 2015 Author Report Posted May 7, 2015 I wanna over power my subs a bit, I was doing that with my cvr's. giving them 800 daily that's 300 over their rated. I might go with two bc3500 bass and bewbs.. and beer
Awaiting_Equinox Posted May 7, 2015 Author Report Posted May 7, 2015 I don't care about numbers, I just want it to be loud. this is a daily build, ill meter it for fun but mostly its just for personal satisfaction bass and bewbs.. and beer
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 7, 2015 Report Posted May 7, 2015 Just because you put an amp that is rated higher than rms to them does not mean you're getting the power. Also over powering can actually make them quieter if you take it too far. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Jhunt94 Posted May 7, 2015 Report Posted May 7, 2015 I wanna over power my subs a bit, I was doing that with my cvr's. giving them 800 daily that's 300 over their rated. I might go with two bc3500 there's a difference between overpowering something a little and then throwing something like a TFE (on proper electrical) on 4 1500w subs, with not that much experience with high power systems (im assuming) lol and like broke said you possibly/most likely weren't getting the power out of the amp to those kickers that you thought you were. 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
Miguels Posted May 7, 2015 Report Posted May 7, 2015 I don't care about numbers, I just want it to be loud. this is a daily build, ill meter it for fun but mostly its just for personal satisfaction If you wanted to get loud you should have gotten the mayhems. Not that havoc won't but they do have a different purposes my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
dolarbilz Posted May 7, 2015 Report Posted May 7, 2015 Your Havocs will be plenty loud on two bc3500 Just back it up with a solid electrical.you'll be happy.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 7, 2015 Report Posted May 7, 2015 Is say 4 18's on 7k will be loud but loud is also a relative term. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Awaiting_Equinox Posted May 8, 2015 Author Report Posted May 8, 2015 i could have gotten mayhems but id need some serious electrical for those. i know havocs are a very versatile sub. that's why i went with them. if i want to get louder later on down the road i will just get more havocs. going with bc3500s. first im gna get my electrical taken care of. 1 high out put alt and a couple batteries should do the trick bass and bewbs.. and beer
Awaiting_Equinox Posted May 8, 2015 Author Report Posted May 8, 2015 now im wondering what i should do with my kickers bass and bewbs.. and beer
ChevyBoy95 Posted May 8, 2015 Report Posted May 8, 2015 It will not pull less amperage. Why do people think Brazilian amps are immune to the laws of physics? I have no clue.... I love taramps, gained a bit of voltage with getting more power than my korean board rated for the same thing.... but brazilian boards arent magic. They DO pull less amperage, but not enough to throw electrical upgrades to the side. With the HD6500 I had, i could still pull 600a or so full tilt. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.