Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure as a seat


Recommended Posts

Posted

That looks like High Output Audio which is a shop here in Garner.

Anyway you could reuse the foam that is in the seat that way you keep the same contour. I would be more worried about someone accidently kicking the sub in on that one design.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

I won't have my subs that exposed. I'm planning on counter sinking them, and then doing a metal mesh cover over them for that exact purpose, as well as, keep them out of view.

Yes I thought about that too. It's a pretty simple design though. I'm sure it can be done over again. I'll let the upholstery shop worry about that.

Posted

What would be cool though is where that plexi sheet is in the picture above there was the amp showing the internals instead. That would be sweet.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

I'd think if you use a nice thick memory foam on top comfort and vibration wouldn't be an issue.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

I hear you. I would entertain that idea, if I have enough space.

By my calculations, I have about 7 cubes to work with. Each sub takes up .1 so that's .4 total. 4 ported subs are .75 cubes and sealed are about .35. SO I'd need about 4.8-5 cubes for sealed and ported sections. Then port, structure, etc. So it may be possible, but just remember I'm trying to not raise the seat up where my daughters feet are off the ground and head touches the roof. They're 10 and 8. That means an adult's life would suck in the rare occasion that I'd have one back there.

BUT, I like your idea!

Posted

I'd think if you use a nice thick memory foam on top comfort and vibration wouldn't be an issue.

That's my thinking also. Especially going out and feeling what it's like now. I layer or even two of memory foam, might even be an improvement over what's in it currently.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3168 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...