Black Beauty Project Build - 06 Ford F-250 Super Duty **1/27/18 - New pics starting on page 41**

Yep me too. Imy not sure if that was a good solution or not, but I figured it was worth a try. I'll get it all back together tonight and see what it sounds like. Probably need to think about tuning now.

I'm guessing my tuning is going to be quite different now that I've taken so much space away.

Shit I haven't checked this thread in a minute, you've been busy. Box looks dope dude. Dash looks like a pain in the ass lol. Way to go

We'll I didn't have any kids this week, they're on vacation with my parents for spring break, so I've had some time.

The box is nice, I like how it turned out for the most part. Really could've taken more time with it on the finishing, except it was a temporary deal so I got tired of waiting.

The dash is starting to burn me out a bit I'm afraid. But I need to get back with it. I've been kind of avoiding it the last couple of days and it's going to make more damn work for me later since the filler has just sat now. Probably won't get to touch it again until Friday night or Saturday night. Kids come home tomorrow so no time tomorrow and we're going out of town Saturday morning.

But I have to drive to work Friday so I need to see about getting my old dash back in now that it's cured for a couple of days. But that means putting the hvac controls back in it too. So maybe I'll get another coat of filler on the roof panel before that happens.

So much damn work to do.

Ok guys and gals and dogs and whoever is still watching.

I'm going to attempt to do this from my phone, since work has blockedthis site and others with their new system. If it doesn't work, sorry, I'll fix it tonight when I get home.

Last night I re-loaded the sub and took it back out to the truck. I didn't touch a thing. Didn't re-set the lpc, didn't touch the ssf, nothing. I literally hooked it back up and played it. I can tell you now, NIGHT AND DAY difference! I can still make it slap a bit, but I feel like I really have to try to do it, and it's usually on lower notes which I can tune with the crossover settings. So, for what I'm going to use it for, I think I'm in really good shape.

20160323_182750.jpg

The next step will be removing the center console, and making a platform for it to sit on face down and see how that sounds. I started thinking about a design last night and I think I'm going to have issues with the port and figuring out where to tune it at. I know my 4th was going to tune in the 45-50 hz range for the 15's, so I'm wondering if I should tune this to the 40-45hz area. I need to figure this out due to the different style of enclosure building I'm going to do isn't just slapping 6 sides together and a port. I've always struggled with ports.

I also had to get my repaired dash back in the truck because I have to drive to work tomorrow. So before I did that I wanted to get anot her layer of filler on the roof mount and check the actual controls before I put it back in the dash.

Got out the Rage Xtreme.20160323_185517.jpg

And filled in the whole area pretty much.20160323_191237.jpg

20160323_191242.jpg

20160323_191246.jpg

Did a little bit of sanding around the cut out so I could see the height of the edge and make sure the unit fit good. 20160323_193718.jpg

20160323_193722.jpg

20160323_193726.jpg

I must say, I'm pretty happy with the results.

Next thing I did was move the vent a little bit more over to the left, and add in the switch panel. I tried to do it without moving the vent, but it just wasn't going to work that way. So, I shifted it about 1/4".

20160323_191848.jpg

20160323_192030.jpg

20160323_194458.jpg

20160323_194814.jpg

20160323_195328.jpg

That's how I left it last night. I think it'll all work out ok. Lots of body work and sanding ahead of me. I need to fill in some gaps and re-fill the back with kitty hair for reinforcement, then onto the filler and fun. Got a ways to go.

Nothing tonight for sure. My kids come home tonight and their plane is already delayed an hour so we probably won't even get home much before 9:00. Hopefully I'll get to work on it tomorrow night.

Kind of feeling the pressure on it because I think my double din unit in the truck is trying to crap out on me. I really would rather not go through the expense of another head unit while I have this sitting here. But this also isn't the kind of dash that's the easiest to get out of the truck. I could put it in and say I'm still working on it, but that means a whole lot more work. I'll see how long I can get by with the one that's in there.

That's all.

Been mia, but Gah dam these are some beautiful updates!! That dash came out sexy!! Do you plan to SEM paint it? (sorry if that was discussed already).. And relocating ftw.. all in the name of audio lol

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Archived